Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Saturday, October 29, 2005
TGIS
Looking forwards to the weekend and finally sleeping in! Spent most of the workday typing up GI info for my dad who thinks he'll be trying it too...if only it didn't limit most of his favorite foods and the coffee he drinks 24/7. This should be interesting.

Didn't really get to do anything last night. Yannick got home really late so we went for dinner about 9:45. Went to what used to be called Argento's, not sure what it is now. It's a resto/bar in a gym off St-Charles, in Beaconsfield. Last night was a costume contest for Hallowe'en and it was really funny to turn around at one point and see a full-grown (read: big and tall) man wearing an exact replica of Mr. Incredible's leotard. Complete with foam muscles and black eye mask. Entertaining. While Yannick was in the bathroom I read a bit on my Palm. In addition to reading through Poe I want to read all the Sherlock Holmes stories. I'm missing the first one but have the second so started skimming through it. I can't belive I forgot that Sherlock is a morphene and cocaine addict!

Robyn: I looked at Alyssa's blog, will add it to my bloglines, thanks! I'm going shopping tomorrow, so will look for the Crispy thing. What aisle is it in? Is it like a rice snack? Oh, and I answered your crochet question in your blog, but the general answer is YES. :)

Secret Pal - I admire projects that have real skill required. Actually, I admire anything handmade, but if you mean "admire" in the "ooh and ahh" sense, then I like stuff that looks...I dunno how to describe it. Like, a lot of people love the Charlotte's Web shawl. I might make one some day, but when I look at a picture of it, I'm not blown away. Show me the Pi Shawl in EZ's book, though, and THAT I admired. I admire "girl from auntie"'s patterns with cables. I bought the Rogue pattern a year or so ago but haven't fit it into my knitting rotation yet. I admired the Vogue Enchanted Forest cardi for the same reason, which is why I'm making it. I like stuff that really looks (and possibly is) difficult. :) I don't know what my next technique would be, but the only thing I haven't done yet (I think) is intarsia. I have felted projects on the go and waiting, I bought a Philosopher's kit which will be my maddening fair isle project, I do cables in almost everything, I have no fear of shaping or even designing. I think intarsia is probably my logical next step. Re: knitting blah moment, I will cast on something that has either color or feel to cheer me up. I love sunrise and sunset colors, fall leaves colors, blue/green ocean colors, or even blue/green/purple/pink angel wings colors. If the colors call to me, I'm happy with it. But, since I'm usually knitting a gift for someone, my ultimate anti-blah knitting project is to knit something for ME!! And the GI diet starts Tuesday November 1st so I'll be keeping everyone posted!
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 5:58 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 11:57 pm, Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    Depends on the grocery store, the crispy thing can be found in either the "chips" section or with the cracker snacks. Odd, I know, but eh, it fills my craving whatever it is! If I think of any other "good GI finds" I'll let you know!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates