Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Monday, October 24, 2005
Moving Right Along...
Friday night Julie and Rich came over to play cards. I'm not sure who won the Texas Hold'Em tournament, but I was the first one out. :(

Saturday I worked then Yannick, me and my mom went to Boccacino's for dinner. My dad met us there. After dinner we went to a wedding in St-Laurent to check out a DJ for our wedding. Afterwards we went back to my parents' house to watch my cousin's wedding video to see what her minister was like, since we can't and don't want to use a priest or a rabbi.

Sunday Yannick and I brunched at Tutti Fruitti then went shopping at Winners. I can't believe I got about 10 shirts!!! All nice stuff though, so I'll be stylin'. Am I too white to say "stylin'"? Then we went to Jackie and Kevin's so Yannick could meet Bradley. Julie and Rich were there too. We borrowed J&K's wedding video to show my parents something more recent, then went to go meet a videographer. We went back to my parents and, even though we were signing with the video guy, showed them J&K's video anyways so they could see it. Then Yannick, my mom, my dad and their dog all napped. After dinner we went to Bourbon Street to check out a band, which we will be signing tonight.

Today I went to Curves and did my weigh-in. Still not a single pound lost, but I'm down another 4.5", making a grand total of 10.5" lost in the last 6 weeks. Then I bought some groceries, and went to the library. I just finished reading Linda Fairstein's Entombed, a thriller in which everything ties back to Edgar Allan Poe. I tend to obsess, and now decided I'd like to read through his body of work, since he is the established father of one of my favorite genres of fiction: crime/mystery. You want revenge, Poe's your guy. How sad is it that 90% of what the library had by him was in the juvenile section? He invented ratiocination; the process of deductive reasoning used by every attempt to solve crimes today, and yet he's religated to cartoon-style drawings of a raven cooing "nevermore" over an over-stuffed easychair. Not cool.

Then I went to J&K's again, dropped back off the video and hung out for a bit. Now I'm home with about an hour and a half to spare before going to meet my mom to see 2 photographers. This wedding stuff never stops!
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 12:30 pm  
2 Comments:
  • At 5:59 pm, Blogger K. said…

    No, no you aren't to white to say "stylin" especially when it comes to clothing :) Good luck with the rest of the wedding stuff!

     
  • At 1:04 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats on the inches! That's wonderful! Forget about the scale and celebrate those inches lost. - Your Secret Pal

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates