Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Thursday, October 27, 2005
Don't Say I Don't Do What I'm Told.

Meet my cousin Robyn:
http://photocoops.blogspot.com
Hers was the wedding I was in on September 18th of this year. Yes, the wedding of the flower-bowl-on-head hairdo. And you guys saw it after it was fixed up! I didn't get a clear pic of Robyn (or her new hubby Jamie) from my mom when I posted the wedding photos, so here's one now. Ok, so you can't see her face, but the pic is still clear. :)

She just set up her very first blog so please check it out! Another Montreal artist-type, only what I do with pointy sticks she does with a camera lens. (You know I'm picturing her knitting cables with 2 cameras...never mind.)

So...while listening to CSI playing in the other room...I decided to check out my bloglines. Bloglines, for those of you who don't know, is a free service that lets you "sign up" all the blogs you like to read, and instead of going to each blog every 10 minutes (if you have internet at work) and looking for new entries, you can go to your bloglines page and see everyone's blog and whether there are new entries. I recently updated mine, got rid of the entire RAOK list I used to have in there, largely unread, and brought it down to a managble few blogs. I have the blogs from the Montreal Knitters girls, and my cousin Robyn.

Imagine my surprise to see my name there! In her entry on Monday she filled in a quiz called Two by Two. At the end is a question about who you would like to see fill out the quiz...and she put me! Thanks Robyn! I know what you mean about the age difference, although unless time started acting funny, technically it's still there... :) But I know exactly what you mean. I think as we got older we got closer, so to know more feel free to ask away...or read on!

Two by Two
2 names you go by
1. Jennifer
2. Lou (short for "loser", which Yannick calls me affectionately. Don't write in, I call him "Stu", short for "stupid". Yes, we do love each other LOL.)

2. parts of your heritage
1. canadian
2. jewish

2 things that scare you
1. spiders
2. crazy people in traffic who could hurt or kill those I love/yannick driving crazy in traffic and possibly getting hurt or killed

2 of your everyday essentials
1. my Palm!!!
2. contact lenses

2 things you are wearing right now
1. my engagement ring
2. my ladybug gold/enamel charm on a gold choker

2 of your favorite bands or musical artists (at the moment)
1. Black Eyed Peas
2. Kelly Clarkson

2 of your favorite songs (at the moment)
1. Addicted - Kelly Clarkson
2. anything on the ABBA Mamma Mia! soundtrack

2 things you want in a relationship (other than real love)
1. trust/respect
2. a best friend with all the goofyness and compassion and fun that comes along with it

2 truths
1. I like being alone a lot of the time [NOTE: Robyn I know a lot of our answers are similar and that I left this one word for word like what you put, but that's because it's really true. I'm not being lazy and trying to copy you I swear! See, we have a lot in common!]
2. Yannick was my first and only (and hopefully my last) serious boyfriend.

2 physical things that appeal to you (in the opposite sex)
1. smile
2. eyes

2 of your favorite hobbies
1. knitting
2. reading

2 things you want really badly
1. children
2. to be skinny, but healthy

2 places you want to go on vacation
1. Egypt
2. Scotland

2 things you want to do before you die
1. have a book published
2. give birth

2 ways that you are stereotypically a chick
1. my fiance/father/mother/friends/everyone kills spiders for me
2. I have strong urges to be a stay-at-home mom. Ok, so maybe that's more maternal than "chick".

2 things you are thinking about now
1. that some stuff must run in the family since I haven't had to change many of Robyn's answers to put my own in.
2. I can't believe it's already 10:30 and I haven't even sat down in bed yet to veg or knit or read or anything, and by the time I do it will be time to sleep and I've been exhausted 'cus my dad has been opening the store at 9 like he's supposed to which is good for business but means I can't sleep in any more.

2 stores you shop at
1. Loblaws. I don't buy clothes usually, I buy food. Hmm..maybe this has something to do with the fact that I'm overweight and dress like a slob?
2. Bureau en Gros. I LOVE school supplies.

2 people i would like to see take this quiz
1. My sister Laura- we were really close when she was little but when she started high school she made her friends and didn't really want/need an older sister to talk to.
2. Deawn...'cus I want to see where her warped mind takes these questions! (Really, if you haven't yet, go take a look. But don't drink any liquids while reading. You have been warned.)

On the knitting front: I've finished Bernie's scarf and only need to wash and block. I'm about 2/5 of the way through the black fuzzy part of Yafit's jacket, then those gifts will be FedExed away. I'm not letting myself knit anything else until these are both in the mail.

On the wedding front: the hall is booked, the food is booked, the video guy is booked, the band is booked and the photographer will be booked on Wednesday. Anyone wanna recommend good hair and/or makeup artists? Flowers? Amazing. We've been engaged for 25 days and so much seems done already!

On the diet front: the Curves diet didn't work. Yes, I lost 10.5" so far, but I think it's more from the exercise than the diet. I lost no pounds at all. Truthfully, I didn't follow the diet to the letter. There were certain foods on some days that I just don't like, like ham and cottage cheese (uh, not as one meal) so I'd substitute, for example bacon or plain yogurt. But, yogurt and cottage cheese don't have the same carb count, etc.. and I think I either didn't end up eating enough carbs or eating too many. Plus the book only lists very few foods with counts, so you had to always look to other sources for real food items... it just wasn't very user friendly for me. I want lists: eat this. Don't eat this. I can deal with that. So, on the advice of my cousin, I'm going to start the GI diet. I know, I know, this is like the 3rd diet I've "announced" starting, and my weight is still exactly the same. The GI one seems pretty similar to Montignac, which I did 3 years ago and lost 30 lbs. But then I quit smoking and gained 40. But I also had vague motivation before, and now I have really good motivation. Not only do I want to look really hot on my wedding day, but Yannick won't let us try to have kids (after the wedding) until the doctor says my weight is good, because it can be too dangerous for me and the baby to get pregnant while overweight. So November 1st (for no other reason than the 1st seems like a good "beginning" date) I will be starting the GI diet. Weight loss will be posted. If weight gain occurs, or if in a few months I announce some new diet to try, feel free to mock and laugh. I will continue to go to Curves though, anywhere from 3 to 7 times per week. The workout is great, and I don't want to give that up, I really enjoy it now. I just want faster results and their "style" of diet didn't work for me. (Actually, it didn't work for at least 3 members of our 20 member group, who lost no weight at all. I'm not sure about their inches. So it's not just me. Quite a few people complained about it not meeting their expectations, result-wise.)

OH, and Robyn...wouldn't you use the champagne flutes for..oh, I dunno...drinking champagne? ;)
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 9:44 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 11:11 pm, Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    Jenn - I dont drink champagne! But yeah, I figured as much! LOL. Right now they're decoration - I just put them out in my china hutch. They look good in there! Thanks for the blog mention! LOL. I don't think anyone reads my blog - BUT YOU! lol... And by the way, I loved keeping you guessing - the orange envelope was from MOI! I loved keeping you guessing though! Thank you for filling out the quiz - seems as though traits run through the family! Also- I have faith for you and this diet. I did it and lost the 25 lbs I wanted to lose. I have faith you can do it!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates