Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Saturday, October 29, 2005
Slowly Converting the World...
...my cousin's knitting! Yay! Baby steps people, first the family, then the world!

Yay Robyn! Re: what stitch: if you're putting the right-hand needle into the 1st stitch on the left-hand needle from front (side closest to you) and sticking out the back (reverse side of fabric) then you're knitting every stitch. If your needle goes in from the back and comes out the front, you're purling. Unless you deliberatly twist each stitch, which could be accidental. I'd have to see how you're doing it.

Considering the fact that I'm ALWAYS in the middle of a knitting project, if you ever want to come over and hang out and knit, or me come to you, or learn a new technique, shaping, whatever, let me know! The more people I can infect with my favorite hobby, the better!

Oh, and if you ever want, since you live close by, come to the Montreal Knitter's meetups! Here's the website:
http://www.montrealknits.blog-city.com/
and here's the Yahoo group where we chat, arrange meetups, etc...
http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/montrealknits/
We meet the 1st and 3rd Wednesday at the Second Cup on Monkland, and the 2nd and 4th Sundays at a coffee shop somewhere more downtown, but I'm too chicken to drive out so I don't usually go to the Sunday meetings.

There's also the Montreal Knitting Guild
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/montrealknittingguild/
but these meetings are in the West Island. Only the 3rd Tuesday of each month, though. I go to these too.

It kinda bugged me to call knitting a "hobby" up there, but I couldn't think of an appropriate word. Any suggestions? It's more life-changing than a hobby. It's brought me peace, calmness, a community of friends, an office with more yarn than books (and with me, that's saying a lot!!), and on top of all that, I get clothes and gifts out of it. I guess it's not a hobby. It's my life.

To my Secret Pal: I will never get ladybugged out. As long as there's always one around my neck, they will be in my life. I wouldn't, for example, wear a sweater with a giant one on the back, but I do wear them as pins, have them around my house, etc... My dream is to get a red Volkswagon Beetle and paint it to look like a ladybug. I'm just quirky enough to pull it off, and wouldn't be too embarrassed to drive around in it.

The only ladybug thing I have that I don't wear is an absolutely gorgeous pin I got from two of my best friends, Jackie and Kevin, as my bridesmaid's gift when I was in their wedding. It's completely encrusted with white stones (like rhinestones) and is so stunning...but it's bad luck. Every time I wear it something horrible happens. Yannick and I get into a huge fight... my dad and I fight at work...I fall and hurt myself...Yannick throws out his back and has to be replaced in their wedding 'cus he's in the hospital...the last time I wore it was when the 4 of us went out for dinner, it was the first snowfall of the year and Yannick had to meet me there 'cus he was late at work. We were in 2 cars after driving back to their house to hang out, and I had my first car accident. You can say it was the snow (my first time driving in snow), or whatever, all I know is I don't want to risk anything else. I'd love to wear it though, anyone know any Voodoo or Witch Doctors who could do some reverse-curse spell on it? I'm only half kidding.

To Robyn: (again) Hey my blog is now like a letter to you lol. When I was at Loblaws last night I did a quick look for whole wheat stuff. I didn't buy too much 'cus Sunday we're going to empty out all the cupboards and stuff, and go shopping, but I did buy 3 of those Balance pizzas. I think one is Deluxe (with low-fat cheese, low-fat pepperoni and grilled chicken), one is Feta and Grilled Chicken or Veggies, and the last one was (I think) Spinach and Chicken. I think I got one of those wrong, but the point is I found 3 flavors. They are only in what seems to be single-serving size (1 person size) but I can't wait to try them anyways! What's the Crispy thing, a rice snack?

To anyone who's interested in the Bloglines thing, http://www.bloglines.com/ is the website. It's free to sign up. What makes it really easy to is go here http://www.bloglines.com/help/easysub and follow the directions to download the Subscribe button. I have it, so now all I do when I want to add a blog is go to that blog, go to my links (in Internet Explorer) and one of them says "Subscribe with Bloglines". I click that and it automatically brings me to the correct page to add that blog to my list. Easy peasy!
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 8:55 am  
3 Comments:
  • At 12:28 pm, Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    I signed up for the bloglines thing (I read a few blogs, including yours, one of my fave artists in San Fran, some girl who followed her boyfriend (now husband) to Italy, and our cousin Alyssa's (California Alyssa - hers isn't updated as much, but it's all about her life and running marathons). (I'll email you the link). But I have to go back & figure it out - I haven't had the chance & yesterday I was frustrated with it. Let me finish my 2 scarves first, then I'll see what's my next project. I think scarves are the first thing anyone should knit as a beginner. I've started scarves before, never finished it. I'd love to learn how to crotchet an afghan though - do you know how to crotchet too? Your mom made me the most awesome yellow afghan for my old room at my parents house, but now I want to make a blue one for our bedroom and *maybe just maybe* learn so I know how to make one for a future baby! (LOL, I'm not pregnant yet! Let me graduate graphic design first next year). Maybe I'll come to the next knitting thing - when is it? I only found Delissio Blance Deluxe at my IGA. But I may go to Loblaws today to do a big order, so I'll see what they have. Yeah, they're only personal size, but that's okay. Perfect so you don't over eat. (That was one of my problems, portions). And those Crispy things - if you're craving something for a snack - it's a perfect snack to indulge in! 0 Trans fat and WHOLE grain! My new best friend - those words! I can go through bags of those. I have a dinner guest coming tonight who is actually on Montignac - I'm going to see how that one is working for her, maybe convert her to GI! Anyhow, I've done it again, rambled on in your blog comment spot, I hope you don't mind! Oh- and if your secret pal is reading this - you can always find lady bug stuff everywhere!!! I got Jenn has part of her bridesmaid gift for my wedding these gorgeous lady bug floating candles - and I think she was in shock that I remembered she likes lady bugs!

     
  • At 12:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Coops - I'm finding ladybug stuff everywhere, but I'm afraid that Jen will end up feeling that I'm not getting anything original with another ladybug based package! :) So, Jen - what kind of project have you always admired? What is the next technique you're planning to conquest in knitting? If you're having a knitting blah moment, what's something you'll always cast on to get you back into the mood? Let me know how things go with your GI diet. I've always looked at it, but never got off my butt enough to do something about it. :)

     
  • At 12:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oops- Jen, in case you haven't figured this out, that last comment was from me. Your Secret Pal

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates