Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Friday, October 28, 2005
I Hate When People Try to Take Advantage of You.
Today I called up the pet accessories store near my work. Last Winter I'd knitted some items for them, and after leaving 3 dog sweaters on consignment, I was contracted to do some custom sizes. Those I was paid for. The consigment sweaters were just sitting there. I left them be over the Spring and Summer, because what would I do with wool/acrylic dog sweaters in hot months? Now that it's getting cool again I decided I wanted them back. My dealings with this store weren't always smooth and I think I could do better selling them on my own, or through my cousin's veterinary clinic.

So I called up and spoke with the owner, and told her that I'd be coming by sometime over the next week to pick up the 3 sweaters I'd left with them. There was a pause. "Oh," she says, "there is only 1 here. We sold two of them this week." Ok. Kinda convenient that they just sold after sitting there for 9 months, but whatever. I asked, "Were you going to call me and let me know they sold?" Another pause, then a not-quite convincing "Yes.". I said, "In that case, I'll prepare two invoices for those sweaters and come by tomorrow to drop them off and pick up the remaining sweater. Will you have the payment for me?" Yet another pause, followed by what I knew would be coming: "Didn't we pay you for these three?" I reminded her that she had wanted some samples on consignment so she could see how well they did, and ordered stuff afterwards. So tomorrow I'm going to pick up my money, and the remaining sweater. I hope there's no hassle.

In other news I'm very excited about starting the GI diet on Tuesday. Everything I've read so far gives me great hope, and can I tell you about how cool a company is? Robyn told me that Tasty Foods pizza place on Decarie offers the option to have whole wheat crust on your pizza, or whole wheat pasta. I called them up and asked if they delivered to where I work, and when they said yes I asked if they could put a delivery menu in the mail for me, so I'd be able to order from them. Well it wasn't 15 minutes later when a delivery guy showed up with a menu for me, hand delivered! I thought that was so nice of them! Sure, they are going to get business out of it, but that was really going out of their way!

Robyn- the cd was from you??? Thank you!!! That was sooo nice of you! And fun- sure kept me guessing for a while! If I can ever repay, let me know!!

Secret Pal- the circs case is so pretty- did you make it yourself? I love it!
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 8:36 pm  
2 Comments:
  • At 11:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nope, didn't make the case. I actually ordered from someone online. I can sew but rarely, if ever, have the time anymore. Explains why I have drawers full of fabric and patterns but no finished projects! After seeing your case, I think I'm going to try making myself one when I have an afternoon all to myself. Considering that an afternoon to myself happens once in a blue moon, it will be awhile! Just curious - would you ever be lady bugged out or do you like getting lots of lady bug kind of items?

     
  • At 12:30 am, Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    Jenn, Yes the CD was from me. I saw that you wanted it, and I figured it was no sweat to send it to you! Anything else you're looking for?? LOL. I only realized AFTER I sent it that I forgot to put my name on it, as I mailed it really early on my way to my 8 am class. And then did I even notice that you had a secret pal thing, and I thought the whole situation was funny. All good. * OH BY THE WAY: There are soooo many foods now that are "G.I" for example: My fave finds (besides tasty foods!) Tutti Giorni now offers whole wheat pasta (Sources & Decarie), Quaker makes a snack called Crispy. Comes in 3 flavor. Mexican, parmesean cheese something and MY PERSONAL FAVE: Apple & Cinnamon - DELICIOUS! And, I think Delissio was listening to my prayers, because I was in Loblaws swearing at the frozen foods section for no pizza's with whole wheat and no easy make pasta/meat thingys by like Stouffer's with Whole Wheat... and what do I see as a commercial the next day? DELISSIO BALANCE PIZZA!!! Woohoo. WHole what, with Low Fat cheese. You can find them in your frozen food section at your local grocery store, for those days you just don't have time to cook or you want something quick. Ok, I think I've rambled on a little too much. GUESS WHAT!? I started a scarf! I'm knitting! I am making one for myself, and one for my mother-in-law (since she owns no scarf for winter). So I'm working on 2 at once. (And I only know how to knit one stitch. I think it's called Pearl? The simplest one? Ok bye for now. Time for bed!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates