Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Tuesday, May 17, 2005
An Open Letter...
...to whoever came into our parking area last night between 11:30pm and 7:00am and smashed the driver's side window and stole all 4 mags & tires off Yannick's car. You are pathetic and disgusting. If I ever find out who you are I will report you to the police and detain you by whatever means necessary, and I will definately hurt you first. Yes, this is a threat- don't you know I collect pointy sticks?

Seriously I'm really pissed off right now. At least the @$$hole(s?) had the decency to leave the car jacked on bricks instead of letting it drop to the ground, tireless. If I wasn't such a lady I'd be typing a whole lot of swearing.

On a lighter note, been doing a lot of knitting this weekend. I did a few rows Sat before going out. Dinner at Amazona's was YUMMY and then the comedy was good too. On The Spot was performing and they're always a riot, even if they've dwindled down to 2 members. And Jackie didn't have to feel alone, there were at least 2 other pregnant women in the audience, all more visible than she was. Plus 2 bridal showers. At least *I* didn't have to worry about getting picked on!

Sunday we went for groceries then I went to watch my cousin's dance show. It was a bit odd being the audience member, 'cus it wasn't so long ago that I was the one in the dance school, running around getting hair and make up done, and practicing all my moves backstage. I used to be with Sheila Parkins, my cousin Vanessa is with 8-Count which is owned by an old friend of mine. He was the one who (was in and) directed all the choreography when we were in Fame! at Place des Arts. Steve Bolton, if you're reading this, you really are the best dancer I know. In any case, it was the first 8-Count show I'd seen, and let me tell you that it was the show Sheila WISHES she'd put on. You can't even compare the two, he just blew her away.

By the time I got home Yannick was already at my parents' doing some reno for them so I decided to stay home, eat my leftovers from last night and knit the night away. I felted the little swatch I made with the Wool of the Andes and then spent the 3 hours of the Survivor finale designing and swatching and felting more designs. When it was all over we crawled into bed and I knit on the baby outfit while we listened to more of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy on audiocassette. It was so nice to use the tiny baby cotton after all that wool.

Yesterday I had my knitting class and stayed at the LYS a few hours longer to work with Nicole on coming up with a tank top pattern for my Goldilocks. If the tank doesn't work I'll give in and make a shawl. I finally swatched it yesterday and the colors are so stunning, especially against jeans. Then I came home and worked on baby outfit all day. The sleeves are almost done, just a bunch more rows of BOs and decreases, then I can start the body of the jacket.

To Jan from the comments: I did the same thing! I'd seen it in the library and then found myself thinking about that pattern over and over, I finally went back to renew it just to photocopy the pattern! I'm using Patons Aran Style Fisherman in the color Natural, but I'm not sure if that's the only color it comes in. It's like a Cream of Wheat color.

To Laura from the comments: LOL yes, while skill is not as important, patience IS the one thing needed for the Enchanted Forest cardigan.

To Ann from the comments: Good luck with the quitting smoking! And thanks for the well-wishes towards me, I'll need them!

To Shell from the comments: There you go! Just think of all that wasted time at practices, doctor's appts and such that you could have been knitting all along!

To Kajin from the comments: Thank you! :) I'm really happy about the markers. And you're right, at least the Oxycise has me doing something. I've been doing it and while there are no *scale* changes yet, I just *feel* better.

Well, until I woke up today to hear Yannick freaking out, that is.
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 11:58 am  
1 Comments:
  • At 8:21 pm, Blogger Atouria said…

    Having my car broken into before, I can totally relate to the feelings of complete violation and anger! Of course, they broke into my car for the stereo and my entire Cd collection at the time! It was awful, but at least I could still drive it the next day! I hope they find those jerks!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates