Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Wednesday, April 27, 2005
Crawling out of bed to post some pics
First of all, to Ruby from the comments: thanks for the well wishes! I am feeling better, mainly 'cus the migraine is easing away. I will definitely be at the May MKG meeting, I really look forwards to them.

Secondly, I'm too tired to post much, but here are some pics of the stuff I've been working on lately:

This monstrosity is the felted knitting bag in Patons Classic Wool Merino. I can't give too much away about it 'cus I might end up submitting my pattern somewhere, but it's going to be very cool once it's done.

This is the first of the two front pieces of the Enchanted Forest cardigan. When I took it out to work on yesterday, I had completed 62 rows plus the ribbing. Then I noticed a cable twisted the wrong way. I started out by dropping down only the sts involved in the cable, but since the tree branches well, branch out, each stitch ended up being involved in other cables, and it finally got to the point that I had about 20 sts dropped 22 rows down...I wound up deciding to just frog the whole 22 rows and start over. When I went to bed last night, this had 58 rows completed. *sigh* At least I'll be happy no cables are twisted the wrong way anymore.

These are the stitch markers I made last night when I got bored of re-doing the rows I'd frogged. I used some plastic smileys and some (glass?) brightly-colored beads from Wal-Mart. The markers themselves are the multi-sized black rubber EZ ones from my LYS. I kept breaking the cheap plastic markers I was using to help grid the chart I'm working from, and realized that while I never recieved any stitch markers from anyone, I did have all the supplies to make them, so these were my present to myself for being sick.

This is a close-up of the same stitch markers.

This is the swatch-in-progress for the Shapely Tee from WhiteLiesDesigns. It's a great Tee pattern, 'cus it has short-row shaping in the bust to really help the fit. This yarn is Sirocco DK Cotton & Linen, so it will be nice and light for the summer. If I finish it in time.



Last but not least, this is the bag-in-progress, my Funky Fur Magic bag, and the clear plastic handles I'll be using. I had to make the pic black and white 'cus the original showed up as brown, which looked good, but my bag is actually black/charcoal/silver. I'm going to line it with the brightest pink satin I can find. :) Hey, I can pretend to be trendy, can't I?

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 4:43 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 1:29 pm, Blogger Karla said…

    Those are the COOLEST stitch markers! They look so fun against your work - and you knit very well, may I add. I'm so amateur, your work intimidates me!

    I strolled over here from the Fiber RAOK list. So you posted a not-so-glamorous post a little while ago, huh? I'll have to go find it and check it out! But you mentioned you felt 'left out' and I can sympathize with you. I felt that way awhile back with another group, but you know it does come around eventually.

    When you're feeling left out, just reach out and touch someone else is my motto. 'Cause it does feel good to make someone else feel good. RAOK someone when you're feeling left out. And imagine youreself being on the receiving end. I'm sure it'll come back around, Jennifer. :)

    Here's to hoping you'll have a RAOK to brag about soon! :-)

    Hugs!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates