Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Friday, January 28, 2005
...lingering...
...is what this stupid virus is doing. RRR I was looking forwards to getting some knitting done last night, for the first time since Tuesday. I sat down to prepare everything...nope. Head swirly. Nose runny. Throat coughy. Feeling sicky. I couldn't concentrate long enough to get anything done. Then again, I had worked from 9-8 at the store. I think I used up all my energy there. Hopefully I'll get something accomplished today. What a horrible time go get sick: Vegas scarf picture is due, along with 3 sweaters for the pet store! I don't want to wind up taking too long and looking unprofessional just 'cus I caught a stupid virus that's going around. RRR.

To Stacey from the comments and Auntie Mimi:
Thanks for the info on International Coffees, right in my grocer's aisle :) I'll be looking next time I go to the store.

To Orris from the comments:
Thanks for the Buckley's suggestion. Can I get those in Canada? Right now I'm surviving thanks to gargling with salt water and a nightly NeoCitran. Oh, and thanks for the hot toddy suggestion too. I don't think it's a good idea in my present state to operate any heavy machinery...you know, like stoves or microwaves. But I'll file the suggestion for when Yannick is home to make one for me :) My grandmother also suggested something she learned from her mother-in-law, called a Guggle-Muggle. Basically it's hot chocolate with an egg yolk in it. You mix some sugar, egg yolk and cocoa powder in a glass, whisking, while warming milk on the stove. Once warm, you slowly add the mixture, then drink. Supposed to be very soothing too.

Phone just rang: dad saying "leave now." So I leave now.
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 9:11 am  
1 Comments:
  • At 6:02 pm, Blogger Diana said…

    Hi Jen,

    I'm in Ottawa, and I can get them pretty much everywhere here.
    And if you make that Guggle Muggle with melted 70% dark lindt Lindor Chocolate (right over there, in Shopper's Drug mart, beside the Buckley's pills), and triple the recipe, I have a suggestion. Drink ONE cup of it. Pour the other 2 cups into a smallish glass baking dish. Nestle that in another glass baking dish. Add water to dish #2 until it comes halfway up the side of dish #1. Bake at 325 for about an hour. Presto! Instant pot de creme desserty thing....also an excellent mix for ice cream.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates