Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
what i did monday and yesterday
I unpacked the nuts and fruit and chocolates.

Oy. Let's ignore the fact that my cuboards are full and I have no where to store the nuts and fruit and chocolates, ok?
I seamed the Marble cardi. I also ignored the pattern, which wanted me to knit the hood, then pick up and knit the button bands on the two fronts, THEN seam the cardi and sew on the hood. I did a few more mods as well, which I'll detail when the project is finished.
I also managed to knit the two front bands. By the time I went to bed last night I'd picked up and started working the collar (I'm ignoring the hood).

I would have gotten more done, but Jakob has been sick and I only knit when he's sleeping, if I'm not already eating, cleaning, doing laundry or staring at the TV in a dazed stupor. The poor kid started a fever on Friday night, and has been going back and forth from 99.5 to 103.3 ever since. Yesterday's high was 102, today he went from 99.5 when he woke up from his nap to 101.5 2 hours later. I know it's not as high, but his fevers have been higher at night, so we're going back to the doctor to make sure his cold didn't become an ear infection. He's also got a wicked cough and a runny nose, so when he is awake, he's kinda miserable. (His waking up around the clock has led to my dazed stupor). I'm sure the doctor will tell me it's just a cold and to keep him on the tempra, but I'd rather be safe than sorry...especially with a fever that has lasted almost 6 days.

Hopefully by the time I post next I'll have a completed Marble Cabled Cardigan.

You know what I didn't do yesterday or Monday? Photograph my booty. (Uh- yarn or otherwise). I know you wanna see the new stash...but I can't show it to you before I show it to Yannick, and he had bowling last night. Don't worry...you'll get photos soon. I still have to finish the rest of the WEBS trip. I haven't even told you about the diner of freaky thoughts yet!

Labels: ,

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 1:36 pm  
4 Comments:
  • At 3:20 pm, Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    It's nice that Yannick takes interest in your stash and what you bought. Jamie couldn't care less, LOL. And these days, he doesn't know if it's business or personal when it comes into my hands! LOL. But I definitely CANNOT wait to see what you bought!

    Hope Jakob feels better soon. When Sean had his high fever I attributed it to teething, he ended up cutting a tooth a week later.

     
  • At 7:50 am, Blogger Tara said…

    Hehehe. You said booty. ;)

     
  • At 10:32 am, Blogger JayJay said…

    I hope Jakob is feeling better. A sick baby is so upsetting. :(

    That's alot of nuts! Jakob's sweater looks beautiful and I am interested to hear about all your mods.

    I can't wait to see your new stash!

     
  • At 2:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hehehe. Tara stole my comment. Teach me to be a late reader.

    Poor little Jakob - I'm so sorry to hear he's feeling ill still. Good idea to get the ears checked. Hoping it resolves soon. The cardi looks beautiful :)

    BTW - can't wait to get my sock kit. It's so fun that you're responsible for the design.

    Kate-T-E

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates