Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Thursday, May 08, 2008
getting there...
I'm working on feeling better, thank you all so much for the well-wishes. Turns out that Jakob and I have been giving each other the same cold, only I haven't treated mine as well as I've treated his, so mine turned into a sinus infection. Blech. I've been sleeping as much as possible, which is why I haven't been posting. I've actually been in bed by 10:30/11 every night- crazy, I know. I also took Tuesday off work and sent Jakob to my sister for the day so I could sleep, which is the reason I think I'm feeling better. It's a viral infection, so I can't really take anything for it. Blargh.

So what do I owe you?

-last week's Thursday photo
-today's Thursday photo
-the rest of the WEBS trip & stash flashing
-a photo of the cutest daddy & baby knits
-talk of what I've been working on

Anything I'm missing?
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 10:48 pm  
3 Comments:
  • At 6:06 am, Blogger livnletlrn said…

    Sinus infections are pure misery, but there IS something you can do for it. Irrigate your nose and sinuses w/ saline. I usually just dissolve 1/2 tsp kitchen salt in 1-2 cups of hot water, let cool, then irrigate. Some people use a neti pot, but I don't have one of those, so I put a straw into the cup of saline, put my finger over the top to trap the liquid that's inside the straw, put the other end into my nose, tilt head back and to one side, stick my tongue up toward the roof and back of my mouth, then take my finger off the end of the straw to release the saline. Swish it all around in there, lean forward over a sink, blow nose, repeat multiple times, both sides, as many times a day as you can stand it. This soothes the tissues, decreases inflammation, helps to clear out the gunk, and changes the pH so the infection can't continue. I swear, I thought I would rather die the first time I had a sinus infection and within 24 hours I was 90% better. It may be too late to make much of a diff. for you this time, but hopefully it'll help if it happens in the future. Feel better soon!

     
  • At 8:49 am, Blogger Tara said…

    Photos of the Green Boogers of Doom. LOL!!!

     
  • At 4:47 pm, Blogger JayJay said…

    I hope you are continuing to feel better. :( Be sure to continue to rest.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates