Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Friday, April 25, 2008
thursday stuff
Before I forget, here's a photo of my little matzoh ball at the first seder, last Saturday night. He enjoyed his first taste of puntzles (the small matzoh meal puffs that you put in soup) and was quite adorable in his "Kosher for Passover" bib!

I didn't realize until too late that the backlight made shadows across his face.



Apparently Yannick doesn't realize that either because this is the photo he took for me yesterday.

It's Mommy with Jakob at 49 weeks.
I love this photo- this is what he does all day long. Whenever he wants a kiss, he reaches up, holds your face, closes his eyes and kisses. It is the sweetest thing ever!

When Yannick got home I left Jakob with him and went for a much-needed hair appointment. Here is the end result:


I still look exactly the same but don't have the 4" roots like I did before. I'm really happy with how it turned out. I tried a new salon because my old one is about 25 minutes away from my house. They also have the same work schedule as me, which means that I have to either convince my colorist to stay late for me one night and tip her really well to thank her, or I have to get up at 6:30am to get dressed and drive there for a 7:15 appointment on a Saturday, so I can have them do my hair and still get myself to work for 10:00am. NOT fun. This new place is open until 9pm on Thursdays and Fridays, and is literally 5 minutes from my house. Plus the girl (Kristin) who did it is amazing. She did the hair at Robyn's wedding and it was stunning, and she even fixed(ish) the horrible flower-basket nasty hairdo my mom's guy did on me. I will definitely be going back to Kristin.

Ok- so knitting. I have been knitting dishcloths for our WEBS trip this weekend. You've all now seen the Habs one, and I also made a fleur-de-lys one to represent Quebec...and to represent Montreal I made one with...a bagel on it. :)

I worked on Jakob's sweater while at the hairdresser, and am at the shaping decreases on the last sleeve. I've decided not to do the hood as the pattern calls for, but to do a shawl collar instead, so the sweater is almost finished.

I think I have to make myself an official knitting "to do" list so I don't fall behind. That being said, here it is:

1. Finish Jakob's Cabled Cardigan - due end of May/June

2. Knit 1 of the 2 Family Circle dinosaurs for Jakob for his birthday - due end of May/June

3. Knit the other dinosaur for Jakob for Jakob (optional) - due end of May/June

4. Design the June sock club sock for Robyn's Nest's sock club - due end of May/June

4. Design project #1 for Mary Maxim contest - due June

5. Design project #2 for Mary Maxim contest - due June

I think those are the most important things right now.

Labels:

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 11:40 am  
5 Comments:
  • At 1:07 pm, Blogger Amelah said…

    Ur hair looks awesome :)Told ya Kristin is good :)

    And i got to expierence one of the sweet kisses :) xox

     
  • At 1:22 pm, Blogger Dianne said…

    Your hair looks great! Love the picture of you and Jakob nose to nose!!! Have a great time at the Webs event.

     
  • At 3:24 pm, Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    Have a great time at webs!

    Hair looks great! Kristin rocks!

     
  • At 11:28 am, Blogger Tara said…

    Have fun at WEBS! Are you going to stick with your yarn diet? :)

     
  • At 10:38 am, Blogger JayJay said…

    Your hair looks great! I'm jealous. Mine looks pretty bad most of the time lately.

    I love Jakob's bib! He looks like he really enjoyed his first seder.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates