Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Friday, March 07, 2008
how to get around the big brother rules

I was just leaving a comment on the Yarn Harlot's blog when I typed up the following paragraph:

You can never have too much yarn with you! I was daydreaming the other day about what it would be like if I was in the Big Brother house and realized that I'd be sneaky and hit the thrift stores before leaving and find some mens' 3X knit sweaters to put in my luggage, so once I was in the house I could unravel them and have something to knit. I'm still working on what to use as needles since you're not allowed writing implements. I could probably sneak in some dpsn as hair sticks though, or as shawl pins. I think I've been thinking about this too much! :)

It's sad but true. I really was thinking about that the other day. I mean, they go through your bags and veto what you can and can't bring. Plus you only get one small duffel. So bringing in obvious yarn would be out of the question. But they can't stop you from unraveling your own shirt, can they? I mean, as a last resort I could even finger knit it...

(Let's ignore the fact that I would never be appearing on Big Brother because it is a US show, as if that was the only reason).

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 10:14 am  
4 Comments:
  • At 5:01 pm, Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    Oh my - I was thinking the EXACT same thing watching it the other night.... I'd go INSANE stuck in the house for 3 mos with NO KNITTING!!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 10:41 am, Blogger JayJay said…

    What a waste of good knitting time! You would definitely need to sneak some stuff in, although bulky sweaters in sweater might raise suspicions. Would chopsticks works as needles?

    I remember realizing a few years ago that I was too old to ever be on MTV's Real World (I think the cutoff age is 27). I've never even really watched the show, but for some reason that bothered me.

     
  • At 4:48 pm, Blogger Laura said…

    Big Brother is my fave of the reality shows but I couldn't watch it this time. I wonder if I'm truly missing out.

    And, I understand completely what you mean ... I leave for a cruise on Saturday and I'm planning which knitting I'm going to bring. Good grief. Sometimes I wonder what's wrong with me. LOL

     
  • At 10:08 am, Blogger Tara said…

    I don't watch the show, but why exactly wouldn't you be allowed to bring knitting with you? Do they want the participants to go berserk and kill their roommates in their sleep or something?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates