Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Sunday, July 15, 2007
what a week!
Mommy with Jakob at 8 weeks old.


What a week it has been! I took Jakob to his first movie, then on Friday we went up north to Yannick's parents place and it was Jakob's first time there. It was fun but we stayed overnight and it is always a bit of a challenge because I need to try extra hard to keep him quiet during the night, so as not to disturb everyone else in the house. I don't mind waking Yannick up (let him help! LOL) but I didn't want to wake up anyone else. Luckily Jakob was really well behaved and slept through the night in his usual way. He also slept most of the way home, so I had a chance to cast on and knit one row of a sweater for him. One row might not sound like a lot, but 176 stitches with sock-weight-thin yarn is a lot of knitting for me right now. :)


We got home Saturday afternoon and had to get ready because that night we had dinner plans with my family to celebrate my brothers' birthday (late). We all went to Baton Rouge for supper, so that was another "first" for Jakob. He had been to a restaurant already (Bocaccino's for lunch with my mom and grandmother) but this was his first dinner out. He was really good and the night went really well.


Yesterday was another first, too. Last night was the first night Jakob slept in his room. It was so tough for me! He'd been sleeping between us to make night feedings easier, but now that he sleeps for a longer stretch at night I wanted to get him into his room before he got too used to our bed. I waited until we had a screen on his door so that our cat wouldn't get in. Yannick installed the screen in the afternoon, and I very hesitantly put him to bed around 11:30pm. I was afraid that he'd wake up early because usually he stirs around 1:00 and 3:00 am and I jiggle him to help him fall back asleep. I was also really sad to not have him next to me and I actually cried a little. :}


I swaddled him as usual and put him into his crib, shut the screen door and put the baby monitor next to my pillow.


Doesn't he look lost in that big, empty crib? It nearly broke my heart to leave him!


It seemed like no time at all that I was awakened by his kvetching. I couldn't believe it- it was 4:00am! He'd slept through from around midnight to 4:00, which doesn't sound like a lot but for his first night he did a really good stretch in the crib, without crying at all! I fed him and put him back to bed and he went until 6:30. Not his usual times but for his first night I'm not complaining. We'll see how it goes tonight though. (And, I have to admit that after the 6:30 feed he started to complain at 8:15 so we brought him back to bed with us). All in all, a lot of firsts and a very busy week!


Today we went to look at blind options for our bedrooms, then my friend Debbie came by for a little visit. I'd prepared a pot roast in our slow-cooker earlier in the morning so I didn't have to worry about supper, and tonight we got to enjoy a really nice, home-cooked meal. I don't know yet what I'm doing tomorrow but one of my mom's friends is in from Arizona so I think we'll be going over there for a visit.


On the knitting front I was able to knit 2 more rows tonight while watching some TV with Yannick holding Jakob. I'm glad I decided to knit the "1 year" size instead of the "6 month" size, because at this rate it will take me that long to finish! Oh- I forgot another "first"- Jakob laughed for the first time! Not a big grin with noise, but an actual giggly laugh. It was so cute! I have some videos I want to put up here but I don't have my speakers hooked up yet and I want to watch the videos first to make sure I don't sound obnoxious in them. :)


I still haven't had time to go through anyone's blogs or even sit at the computer for longer than 5 minutes (it has taken me an hour to type this with the brief snatches I get with my arms free) so I just wanted to say that I hope everyone is doing well and having a great summer. Goodnight!




Labels: , ,

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 10:26 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 4:14 pm, Blogger JayJay said…

    You're so lucky he's such a good sleeper! Hopefully he'll keep it up now that he is in his crib. It's great that you're starting to get back into knitting, too.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates