Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
...and the last little bit...
If I don't finish catching this up I never will.


To quickly sum up...life is much easier now! We have been spending most days running around doing errands and I finally used two wedding shower gift certificates and pampered myself with a manicure and pedicure, so I'm looking a little better now too!


Health-wise everything is going well. I'm recovering nicely from the c-section, the scar is ropey but that will take a long time to fade. The stretch marks are still dark and vivid, but those will fade too.


For Jakob things are looking good. Breast feeding is still tough, but we're getting through it one day at a time. I've been worried because every book and nurse tells you to feed for 15-20 minutes per side, and my little gulper drinks for 5 minutes per side. Only most babies drink with a sip-sip-sip-swallow pattern, and Jakob drinks as sip-swallow, sip-swallow, literally "chugging" his milk. Luckily I have proof he's doing well, as I've been bringing him to the CLSC every week to be weighed.


Check this out: on Tues June 26 he weighed 9 lbs 13 oz. Taking his weight gain from the previous weigh-in, he'd put on 38 grams per day (the average is 25) and was in the 75th percentile! Not bad for only 5 minutes per side every 2-3 hours!


To make it even better, on his last weigh-in, Tuesday, July 3rd, he weighed 10 lbs 3 oz!!! He put on 10 oz in one week!!! That comes out to 42 grams per day! He's DEFINATELY getting enough to drink, even if he's doing it fast. So that's a huge load off my mind.


Things seem to be slowly settling into a groove. Some days its hard, like today. It was a rainy day and we both just wanted to sleep, only he wanted to be held all day so I wasn't able to get anything done, plus he was very fussy. Other days he'll be calm and good and I can put him in his play pen or into a bouncer while I unpack for a while.
On June 23rd I knit for the first time since giving birth. I took Jakob for a walk in his stroller and sat in the park for a while, knitting while he slept. He was still sleepy when we got home so I took advantage and finished a few more rows. I worked on the Mitered Square Blankie since my brain isn't up to anything more complicated than garter stitch yet. :)
Last Wed I went to my local knitting meetup for the first time since...um...well, it has been a while. It's nice to be able to get out of the house, I just need to get more comfortable with breast-feeding in public.
Tomorrow he gets his 2 month vaccinations at his doctor's appointment, then we're going to do some shopping. I've only got one last little part to blog about, the Shriner's visits, so I'll try to get to that this week. I can't think of anything monumental enough to blog about that you really "need to know" about the last few weeks, so consider me caught up blog-wise (except the Shriner's part). Hopefully from now on I can update "live". :) So enough of the boring "catch up" posts!
Oh, and he smiles and laughs now, and I've got it all on video! I will be uploading one soon, I promise!
p.s. Sorry for the mess of a post. I feel like this one is very poorly written, but my brain is a little scattered at the moment and I don't have the energy to to back and edit. Long story short all is well here and if there is anything that you want to know that I forgot to mention, please don't hesitate to ask me in the comments. I'm here for you! LOL

Labels: ,

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 12:53 am  
2 Comments:
  • At 8:33 am, Blogger Sharon said…

    Hi Jennifer, I found your blog through knitty bloggy baby bumpers...I have enjoyed reading about your first few weeks with Jakob...it is good to see that things are normalizing for you, I understand how stressful feeding issues can be, we went through them with our newest little one because she was a preemie...it is such a fabulous feeling when everything is finally going well.

     
  • At 11:32 am, Blogger JayJay said…

    Wow, he is really gaining weight fast! I guess all that work figuring out how to feed him has paid off!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates