Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
a fussy day
Here's a photo from a few days ago. It's funny- I take a billion photos of Jakob alone or with other people, and there are so few photos of he and I other than the ones I take every Thursday.

Today we had a trip to the movies with my mom, my aunt, my cousin Robyn and her son Sean. Our local movie theater does something called "Stars and Strollers"; they allow you to bring babies of any age, they provide changing tables and diapers and a microwave, they have the sound lowered slightly, and you get to enjoy a movie without worrying if your baby cries or needs to be fed. The movie was License to Wed- an okay movie. It was cute but could have waited for video. Jakob didn't do too well at first. He started to cry and then couldn't be consolled. He was hungry and didn't want to feed but kept jamming his fists in his mouth instead of trying to suck. Finally my mom got up with him and walked around, and he fell asleep until the end of the movie. It was so frustrating and I was ready to give up breastfeeding altogether, but everyone has told me that he is probably reacting to the vaccines from yesterday- apparently the second day is worse than the first.

He's been really fussy all day, doesn't know what he wants, wants to eat but doesn't want to, tries to sleep but cries instead, so I'm really hoping that it is just from the vaccine and will have passed by tomorrow.

He was in his usual good mood for about 10 minutes earlier, so I took the opportunity to grab a photo of him in his cute little outfit.

Now I'm off to watch some TV until the next feed, then its bed-time for both of us. Hopefully tomorrow we'll spend all day vegging and catching up on some rest. Happy Wednesday!

Labels: ,

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 9:59 pm  
4 Comments:
  • At 11:06 pm, Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    It's totally b/c he's had his shots, I'm sure of it. You were doing so great with the breastfeeding up until now, I am sure it's due to the shots. Keep with it - don't give up!

    I agree, the movie was just "okay".

     
  • At 9:35 am, Blogger Dianne said…

    That is such a great idea for the movie theaters to have a showing where babies are not only welcome, they are encouraged! Brilliant!

    I cast on one of the Alphabet Blankets that you knit while waiting for Jakob's arrival. A dear friend is having a baby girl in November.

    I hope your wee one is feeling better today, and that you both get some rest.

     
  • At 11:10 am, Blogger JayJay said…

    Awww, how cute! Sorry to hear that Jakob is having an off day, but like you said it's probably the shots. I think a movie theater near us has a similar program, according to my friends with kids. It seems like a great idea! Hopefully next time the move will be better. :)

     
  • At 11:10 am, Blogger JayJay said…

    Ooops, meant to say the movie will better!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates