Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Tuesday, December 26, 2006
new blog for a new year
I'm sure some of you have been wondering why I've been silent for pretty much the whole month of December. I haven't been (trust me), it just seems that way.

In early December I decided to drop my web hosting provider to switch to Blogger for blog hosting. While that meant changes for me in how I run my site, it wasn't supposed to mean anything for those of you who read me. Except that when I sent an email requesting the change to happen "immediately", my hosting provider decided to make that change effective only on January 2nd. So I've had the month to work on my new site but without any way of going to my old blog to let people know about the delay. (The old blog was "jeloca.com". The new blog is technically jeloca.blogspot.com but I'm getting my hosting provider to forward my domain to that new address, so all you have to do is still keep entering jeloca.com in your address bar and it will still bring you right on over to me.)

I'm actually posting this message a bit early because I've finished (and started!) many projects over the last month and as soon as I can I'd like to start blogging them!

You'll notice that there are some changes to the format of my site. I tried to keep things the same...but better. I've moved all my FOs and WIPs to the left side, and they are now organized by year. All you have to do is click on any item of interest and it will automatically open up a window with the photos for that project already arranged as a slideshow. On the right side are my links and archives. The links will be updated often, both the blogroll and the links to sites I like or frequent. I'm trying to make my site a one-stop-shop for me when I go to different computers...one easy place I can have to access all my favorite links.

One new thing will be the Knitting Tips that will appear on the upper left side. I've collected some cool little tricks over the little while I've been knitting and hope to put up some visual demos over time. I will link to each from there to make them easy to find and view. So many people have helped me with my own projects that I'd like to do what I can to help others.

So enjoy the new look, please let me know if you have any comments on the new format and layout, and I hope to be back to blogging regularly as soon as possible!

Happy holidays everyone!
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 10:41 pm  
2 Comments:
  • At 9:23 am, Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    Glad the new site is set up!!!

     
  • At 2:06 pm, Blogger JayJay said…

    I love the new site! It looks like it was a lot of work to set up. Thanks for all the links, too!

    I was planning to make up some sort of finished objects list myself and I'm glad to see that photobucket works (I already have an account).

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates