Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Wednesday, June 22, 2005
Stopping and Starting All Over Again
Am I getting anything accomplished?

I went to Loblaws yesterday to pick up my film and saw they'd developed all 12 rolls in matt, when I'd asked the guy for glossy. So now I'm leaving it there to be redone and I'll get it on Saturday. This does benefit me, though, 'cus I forgot I have 3 "develop 10 rolls get the 11th free" cards from them, already all full to the free roll.

I was working on the Glam Coat when a few problems crept up. First I discovered that all the decreases go against my natural way of doing them. Instead of slanting with the decrease line they all go against. Having been assured this was deliberate I kept on...only to discover that I was now getting 14sts to 4", not 15. The left front (which looked way to small to me, but then, I've never knit a medium before) should have been 9.5" wide and was about 10.5". I was about to start over with a smaller size needle when I decided to double check which size to make, so I'm waiting for an email to confirm before I start over again.

I decided to get some progress done, so I used some cotton and did the provisional cast on for Bernie's scarf, then picked up the 46 sts req'd for the body. That was when House finished and I ran to the computer to do a few puzzles.

You see, I'm ADDICTED to puzzles! And my brother Aaron (the one who was on TV in Australia) sent me a link to The Crimson Room. I'd done that one and found out (by searching for a cheat) that there were 2 others, so for those of you who like puzzles, here they are!

Basically, you wake up in a room and have to click around and find items to try to escape the room. They are harder than they look!
Don't do these at work unless you have at least 15 minutes free with no one coming to look at your computer. You might need more time. I'm not sure if there's sound, as my speakers aren't working. :)

The first one is the Crimson Room http://flash.qbol.net/pl;p/youxi/images/04042203.swf
Don't forget to look at your items from time to time. Also, the URL given in the game doesn't work, so the code to the safe is 1994. That's all the help you'll get from me! (Ok, I did need help, so I went online. If you're REALLY stuck, there's a walkthrough here: http://www-jcsu.jesus.cam.ac.uk/~rah56/walkthrough.html

Once you've beat the Crimson Room, the next room is the Viridian Room http://www.fasco-csc.com/works/viridian/index_e.php
Again, don't forget to look at your items. Sometimes you can't get another item until you look at something you already have. Note: the first part of this game is getting all the items- some are REALLY hard. Then you need to combine items together...you'll see. (I needed help again, I think I like solving the puzzles more, even if I use a cheat. There's a walkthrough with pictures here: http://nordinho.com/vbull/showthread.php?t=3391)

Last but not least is the sequel to Viridian room: The Blue Chamber http://www.fasco-csc.com/works/bluechamber/index_e.php
This one is easier, and shorter than the rest. If you need it, a walkthrough is here http://nordinho.com/vbull/showthread.php?t=3785&page=1&pp=10

Good luck!
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 10:42 am  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates