Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Thursday, June 16, 2005
Finally home!
It was starting to look like we'd never make it back from Vegas! We were supposed to have an 11:30pm flight from Vegas to Toronto, landing at 6:55. Catch an 8:00 flight from TO to Montreal and be on home soil at 9:15am Wednesday. Instead we arrive at the airport for 10:30 Tuesday night to find out the flight was cancelled because the crew's working time had expired, and that we were going to put up in the local Hampton Inn for the night. Caught a 12:18pm flight to TO Wed afternoon, landed in TO at 7:30pm and waaaaiiiited until 11:45pm to get our flight to Montreal. Landed at 1:00am. On the way to Vegas they lost my aunt's bags, she got them only Saturday morning (we arrived in Vegas 10:30pm Thursday night). On the way home from TO they lost mine and my cousin's. As of this writing they still have not arrived at my house, although they are supposed to be en-route.

Only knit on the plane there, and while waiting to board on the way back.

Too much to recount right now, but I will post some pics:




This pic is part of an ecard I got from my secret pal (from the Secret Pal 5 exchange).

This is some pretty blown glass at our hotel (The Mirage)


This is a view from one of the trams we took from hotel to hotel. I feel silly that I can't identify it after walking past all the hotels 78 million times. I think it's a sign for the Bellagio.

I love this picture. It's at the Luxor (the Egyptian-themed hotel) and I took it right before we boarded the tram to the Excalibur (the medieval-themed hotel). These were the only pics I took with my Palm, everything else was on regular film I still have to develop.

Last but not least, this pic is of the rest of my prize for winning Michelle's caption contest. It's 6 skeins with 3 different colors of cotton, some adorable knitting cards that I absolutely love 'cus I've never seen any around here, and a card from her with a ladybug on the cover, which I'm not sure if she knows is my little symbol. Thanks so much Michelle! Oh, and the teas from Adagio arrived right as I was leaving for the airport on Thursday, so I've even got that already! Thank you!

That's it for the pics right now. I'm going to wait to see if they bring me my luggage at some point then go out for a bit. The yarn I ordered for Bernie and Yafit's wedding gifts has arrived, and my library got in a copy of The Principles of Knitting for me through an inter-library loan. I'll finally get to see this book that has knitters spending $100s of dollars on.

It's good to be home.

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 2:29 pm  
3 Comments:
  • At 5:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Silly Jennifer, why it's the Montecito hotel, can't you tell? ;) Your vacations must have been great apart from the luggage. ARGH!

    I'm so happy you have heard from your secret pal. Can't wait to see more about that as the months go. :)

    p/s: Welcome home!

     
  • At 6:43 pm, Blogger Knitty Gritty Thoughts said…

    Welcome home! What a fun trip and all sorts of great pics!

     
  • At 10:36 pm, Blogger Atouria said…

    Looks like you had a great time! I love the pics. :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates