Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Monday, June 06, 2005
I just recieved my first gift-certificate for Adagio Teas! It's from Michelle as a prize for winning her caption blog contest. Yay! I showed it to Yannick when he got home and he made me spend it right away, so an herbal sampler package is on its way to us, all thanks to Michelle!

To the what- 9? people who read my blog, sorry about the lack of interesting content lately. I've been in a serious blog funk. It could be due to the heat wave going on here and the fact that my computer practically sits in the sun, which makes me tend to avoid it when I'm home.

I finished the Shapely Tank on Friday and weaved in all the ends. Just in time to wear on Saturday night. I was very pleasantly surprised with the drape of the fabric, because I'd assumed that the Sirocco would be stiff and yet the tank drapes and flows, doesn't cling and is really comfy.

We had a good time at the 40th anniversary party for Yannick's aunt and uncle, Lise and Leo. There was a sit-down dinner, drinks, d.j., airing of a video montage with photos and music, and even a special guest. I don't watch it (amazing- a tv show I don't watch!) but there's a Canadian American Idol-type show (not Canadian Idol) called Star Academie. Well, one of the contestants is a cousin to Yannick's cousin's wife, and he came and sang for about an hour. He sang in both French and English, and was very good. His name is Dave Roussy.

I did absolutely nothing yesterday, not even knit. I've made up for it today by working on the baby outfit. I'm trying to get some of it done because when I get back from Las Vegas the yarn for Yafit and Bernie's wedding gifts will have arrived, and their wedding date is before the baby shower.

I'm also starting something new. From now on when you comment on my blog I'll reply here but copy/paste it into an email directly to, since I realized that I enjoy when people email me once I've commented on their sites, so I should extend the same courtesies. I'll start tomorrow :)

To Shell: Gosh I'm not pregnant! Just moody lol. Hey, I know what the AKSP is but what's the back tack?

To Jen L: I wrote all about the knitting machine when I was using it in April. In case I forget to email you back you can check out the archives for April, it covers a few posts.

To kmckiernan: I'm so upset I forgot your first name! I hope to really enjoy SP5, are you in it?

To Caroline: It was great meeting you too! The Shapely tank is a great pattern, but I might make the straps narrower next time, that's the only thing I'd change.

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 6:24 pm  
4 Comments:
  • At 1:22 pm, Blogger Knitty Gritty Thoughts said…

    Wow your shapely tank looks awesome! After much thinking about secret pal 5 I decided to sit this one out. I had kinda a bad experience in the begininng until my angel pal took over for SP 4 and then well my sockapalooza pal didn't really come through so I am all PALLED out! =) However, I did decide to take this time to focus on the RAOK ring and we will see how it goes. Oh yeah and I also signed up for Sockapalooza two, I am just a glutton for punishment! =)
    =) Keri

     
  • At 3:43 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's not all you're gettin'! There's more on the way!


    Michelle

     
  • At 9:06 am, Blogger Karen said…

    Wow its really nice great job!!

     
  • At 1:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are very Artistic, I am originally born and raised in
    Montreal,well West Island,if you have a Knitting machine,you must find it hard to come across Cone Yarn out your way,if You know of anywhere that sells machine Knitting yarn, let me know please as I am going down for the Holidays,family you know,,,I am lise_401@sympatico.ca Lise Stewart in Ontario,Canada

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates