Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Monday, April 18, 2005
Quick Catch Up (part 1)
Friday April 8th: Julie & Rich came over after work. We ordered New Kam Shing for dinner then played poker for a while. By bedtime I'd made back my original $7.00 plus an extra $0.35. (We play with nickels and dimes). My "big win" put me in a good mood, which lasted until I came upstairs to the computer. Not only did I keep losing my Blogger entries, but eventually I couldn't log in at all. I also was getting corrupt errors from both my firewall and my antivirus programs, and my firewall kept asking me to allow or block programs that were trying to access my computer from another computer. Uh-NO. When reading up on the error codes from the antivirus the instructions were to do blah blah, then uninstall and reinstall. So I did the blah blah stuff, uninstalled...and sat there for an hour while the installer did a cursory virus scan before installation. Only once the installation began did I go to bed. At 2:30am. And I work Saturdays. Not happy.

Saturday April 9th: Wake up to an error message that the installation won't work for various reasons. I can't go online to see why 'cus I've got no antivirus and in light of the remote access attempts from yesterday, won't risk it even for a few minutes. Eventually give in and call my tech guy. We manage to get it installed (on the 3rd try) and I go online. Hmm. My Sympatico emails are coming in, but none of my Jeloca ones, like all the knitting groups and Blogger comments and such. I fight with it for a while, then call my 2nd service provider. Turns out they're having trouble with the server, but promise it will be up and running by later on that day, or the next day. I put it behind me and go to work. After work I knit on my Kosher sweater sleeve ribbings for a bit until Laura (a friend, wife of Yannick's friend Mike) comes to pick me up for dinner at her house in Chateauguay. Yannick was already at their place 'cus he'd spent the day with Mike. We had a really great night, dinner was delicious: filet mignons, brochettes, cheese, potatos, portobello mushrooms...did I mention they'd bought 4 pies? Once their daughters and Laura's mom went to bed we were 4 people! 4 pies! Have mercy. We took a nice relaxing soak in the spa outside before coming in to devour pie. Because of Friday night's late night computer dealings, by 1:30am I was zoning out. We were lying on couches all steamy from the spa (us, not the couches) and while my eyes probably didn't close, there were at least a few moments where I wasn't all there. So we headed home. A quick check of my email reveals that my Jeloca provider still wasn't up, but it was after 2:00am and I wasn't in the mood to get annoyed. Too sleepy.

more recaps to come later today
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 8:27 am  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates