Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Thursday, March 03, 2005
Gauge is a Four Letter Word
There wasn't much on TV tonight that I watch, so I got to catch up on some tapes while knitting away, until 10:00 when I watched Law & Order because I was already taping CSI:NY. I got some good knitting time in...BUT for that $%&$ gauge.

If anyone read yesterday's post you'll remember that I didn't get gauge with the recommended 4mm needle. So I frogged and started over with a 4.5mm. Well I measured again at 24 rows and was still a half-inch short. I decided not to rip again. If this were for a person, or even made to measure, I'd frog. But this is for stock, and just an approximation of the size. If the medium calls for a 12" length and I fall a bit short, I can always make the ribbing longer. I'm not worried about the width as my stitch gauge is spot-on.

So I'm continuing but now with a 5mm. So I have 24 rows at 4.5mm, I'll do 24 rows with 5mm. According to my patt, 48 rows should be 8". I'll see when I get to that point. If it works then I'll do my ribbing at the end with the 4mm or 4.5mm to keep it constant, instead of the 3.5mm called for.

Here's where I am so far:



Because I will have the sweater to do for my LYS as of Monday, my plan until then is to work like mad on this. The other dog sweater is in stockinette and won't take too long, but I need to follow a chart for this one, so I'm trying to finish it first. The plan is to do nothing but knit tomorrow after work, Friday before Julie & Rich come over, Saturday night after supper (I work Sat) and Sunday all day.

Here's another 2 pics, just 'cus I think they're cute:



posted by Jennifer Lori @ 12:17 am  
1 Comments:
  • At 2:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very cute kitty pics!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates