Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Friday, March 04, 2005
&^%$*@!!!!!!!!
RRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Ok. Calm down. Breathe. Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh.

Tonight, after another hour of knitting on the Classic Cabled Aran, I turned this:



into this:

"But why?" you ask, "It looks great! The cables all twist the way they should -except that first one on the bottom right, but no one will ever notice. Besides, you've already started over once before."

I know. But still, even after going up from a 4mm (req'd needle) to a 4.5mm (the first 24 row repeat) then to a 5mm (the next 24 rows) I STILL DON'T GET THE %f@!#$ GAUGE!

Yes, I'd wanted to finish the sweater by Sunday so I can start the child sweater Monday with only 1 more dog sweater outstanding.

Yes, I've worked on this sweater now Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights in a row.

Yes, I know it's just for a dog and I could *fudge* it a bit by adding more ribbing, etc...

But I've already frogged.

The stupid thing should have been 8" high after 2 repeats- I have 7". The first repeat with the 4.5mm gives me 3.25". The 5mm only gives me 3.75mm.

The width should be 17". The first repeat with the 4.5mm gives me about 13.5-14". The 5mm gives me 15".

I have no choice. I can't keep going and keep a clear conscience. I had to start over.

I'm resentful, but I feel better. Tomorrow -not tonight, I feel better but I'm still resentful- I will start over yet again, this time jumping straight to a 6mm. I know there is a 5.5mm in between I could try. Save it. I'm a tight knitter. I acknowledge that. I embrace that. Tonight I'm going to go to sleep and try to forget all the wasted hours this week. Tomorrow I knit. Give me a 6mm addi turbo circ and get out of my way.

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 12:06 am  
2 Comments:
  • At 10:01 am, Blogger jen said…

    Bummer!!! I feel your pain. But, it's the right decision. Jenifer http://knittingat5337.blogdrive.com

     
  • At 1:29 pm, Blogger Knitty Gritty Thoughts said…

    Aaaaaagh! So sad! I've been following along on your progress and feel your pain. You're so brave, I have such a hard time ripping back. Good luck on the next try.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates