Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Sunday, March 06, 2005
At peace.
The brief note that I posted shows up as Saturday, but I actually posted late Friday night (after midnight) before bed. Classic Cabled Aran in Paton's Decor was not working.

Saturday I went for dinner with Debbie, Yannick, Julie and Richard, and another friend, Steve. We had a nice Italian meal at Spaggio's and I'm very happy I managed to eat sensibly, even surrounded by all that pasta-glorious temptation! I have Yannick's cousin's wedding this summer, my cousin's wedding in September, plus I assume I'll be getting married at some point within the next two years. ;) (Good thing Yannick never reads my blog, eh?) So I'm trying to lose the extra pounds I put on when I quit smoking over 2.5 years ago. (Little secret: the pic of me up in the corner there is about 6 years old. Shhhh!)

After dinner we headed over to Laurentian Lanes and bowled. Well, mostly everyone bowled. Debbie didn't 'cus she's not a big fan, plus she's so tiny and was afraid they wouldn't have any 6 lb balls. :] Just kidding, I love to tease my little midget. Ok, so legally she's 1" beyond being labeled a midget. Technicalities.

I didn't bowl 'cus baby, I got deadlines! I spent the entire time working on the CCA. I like the pattern, it's quick and easy, but MAN am I aggrivated at having to repeat it now for the 4th time, just to see if it's working! My plan was to work up to 24 rows, 1 full repeat, and see if I hit 4" high and 17" wide. If yes, I continue. If no, I accept that I just can't get this one to work, and I move on.

To Jenifer from the comments a few days ago: Thanks for the encouragement. I'm really not liking doing this, but, like you said, I know it's the right thing to do. BTW that's the first time I've seen our name with 1 n. It's kinda cute. I like things that are asymetrical. :)

To Keri from the comments a few days ago: *sigh* I'm not brave. If this was for anything else but for sale I'd have just fudged it to make it fit. And the "next try" turned into 3 more! LOL I'm going to dream about this pattern!

By the time bowling ended I'd made it to 21 rows, so I packed it up.

This morning I started again. Can I just say how much of a hard time I had actually taking the knitting out of my bag? I just couldn't bear to look at it! Nevertheless I pushed myself, and soon enough was at 24 rows. Then I went to 26 to make it easier to measure. I measured. I had 17". Yay! I measured the height. I had 3.75".

That just of wind you all just felt ruffling your hair as you faced your computer screens? That was me letting out a huge sigh of relief.

No, I still didn't have gauge. But after a full week of attempt after attempt, I feel fully justified in saying: I tried. It ain't working. Therefore, I'm not doing it.

Now, much calmer, I'm going to park myself in front of The Food Network until Yannick gets home from Costco, and work on the other requested dog sweater. This one is called Spoilt Rotten, from a Leisure Arts booklet my parents picked up while in Florida. It's simple, in stockinette and ribbing, and has instructions like "work even until 5 inches" or "rib for 3 inches".

Piece of cake.
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 3:06 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates