Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Thursday, April 17, 2008
eleventy months

Here's Mommy with Jakob at 48 weeks. We're at work, and this is proof that I do occassionally wear my hair down. (I always regret it. Jakob is FASCINATED by my hair and can't leave it alone when I wear it down. He always stares at me like he's amazed, and can't stop touching and pulling it).
This is the post I have been trying since yesterday morning to post. I guess Blogger's issues with letting me post photos have been resolved, so here it is.

According to What to Expect the First Year:

By eleven months, your baby

...should be able to:

-get into a sitting position from stomach CHECK

-pick up tiny object with any part of thumb and finger CHECK

-understand "no" (but not always obey it) CHECK

...will probably be able to:

-play patty-check (clap hands) or wave bye-bye CHECK- he's been waving for over a month now, and all of a sudden on Monday he started clapping his hands. All you have to do now is say "clap clap" and he'll clap for you. My little trained seal...

-walk holding on to furniture (cruise) CHECK - his favorite thing to do!

-point or gesture to something to get needs met NOT REALLY - does reaching count?


(I don't know why Yannick always looks like a deer caught in headlights in these photos)


...may possibly be able to:

-pick up a tiny object neatly with tips of thumb and forefinger CHECK - for months now

-stand alone momentarily CHECK - but not of his own will. It scares him.

-say "dada" or "mama" discriminately NOT REALLY - sometimes it sounds like he's trying to say "papa" or "cat", but he's not really calling anything by a name. He says babababa and dadadada and blablabla all the time, but no "mama" or "papa" yet.

-say one word other than "mama" or "dada" NOPE



...may even be able to:

-stand alone well NOPE

-indicate wants in ways other than crying CHECK - among other things, he shakes his hand when he wants his bottle (we sing "shake shake shake, shake your bottle")



-"play ball" (roll a ball back to you) CHECK - we play fetch. He throws it, we chase.

-drink from a cup independently CHECK - he drinks from a cup alone at every meal, and only spills it when he turns it upside down to look at the bottom of the cup.


-use immature jargoning (gibberish that sounds as if baby is talking a made-up foreign language) SOMETIMES - he's definately babbling in a more speech-like way lately

-say three or more words other than "mama" or "dada" NOPE - unlike the girl in our playgroup who is 9 months old and can say "book" and "duck" (with comprehension), Jakob is still wordless.

-respond to a one-step command without gestures ("Give that to me" - without hand out) CHECK - if you ask for a kiss he'll grab your face and kiss you. He'll also clap when you ask him to, or wave hi/bye.

-walk well NOPE


All in all, not bad for 11 months old, I think. I won't go on and on about how big he's getting, and how time flies, because you can imagine it yourself. But I will say that he's absolutely my favorite person in the world right now. Every time he wakes from a nap, while a part of me wants a few extra minutes alone, the rest of me can't wait to run into his room and see him smiling at me. Can't wait to pick him up and get smothered in kisses. Can't wait to see what he'll surprise me with today.
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 6:59 am  
3 Comments:
  • At 7:29 am, Blogger Amelah said…

    Aww some really cute pictures Jenn!! I like the one of him and Yannick, with Jakob's tongue sticking out!! LOL Sean is at that age where he won't sit still anymore for pictures lol!! See ya guys Sunday!!!
    xox

     
  • At 7:47 am, Blogger Tara said…

    I may have said this before, but I still can't believe it sometimes: Can you believe our boys are going to be a year old in a few weeks???? Unreal.

     
  • At 10:16 am, Blogger JayJay said…

    I know just what you mean. This morning I really wanted a few more minutes sleep, but once I looked at little RJ's smiling face my heart melted.

    Jakob is looking so big! Time does go by fast.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates