Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
eye+candy
I'm still not sure what to do about the Marble clapotis. I had made up my mind to rip it out and save the yarn for another project, but when Maaike was over this morning she got me thinking i should keep it and continue. What do do? On the one hand...no it's not as nice as the project I just finished. But on the other...it's not the same thing at all. This isn't silk laceweight. This is dk acrylic in vibrant colors that I do really like. And would it kill me to have a machine washable, workhorse scarf? I think it's just the thought of slogging through another 3 balls of yarn that are getting to me. I'm going to think on it a while and decide- without ripping it back just yet.

My KnitPicks order arrived! I took advantage of their yarn sale to get a little bit more, and decided to try out some Shimmer (70% alpaca, 30% silk). It is sooooooo soft! I had a hard time deciding the colors I wanted, but I think this brown mix is going to be perfect. I would like to use this yarn to design an oversized, lacy top to wear over a tank top, and since I usually wear jeans or black pants, and a black tank, this will go with the neutrals but will still be dressy if I choose to wear it somewhere dressier. I have a bunch of sketches of this one, but nothing concrete yet.

I got some knitting books too...mostly more stitch pattern books for designing.
Last night the stars aligned and I was able to finally cast on for the Chain Melody socks. I like how the yarn is knitting up, the short repeats make each color last only for 3/4 to 1 row before changing...but when I did my swatch I was able to have each color stripe for a few rows and I have to say...I LOVED that. I almost wish I could get this same colorway but in longer repeats to stripe on my foot. I'll probably have enough left over to add this to the blankie, though, which will be shorter repeats and will stripe the way I like.
10 minutes ago my Ram Wools order arrived. Check this out- 12 knitting magazines for $2 each! With the US/CAD conversion, that comes out to about $1.89 each LOL...and when brand new the mags cost over $7.00. Not a bad sale! I think my favorite part is the plastic zippered bag they came in...perfect for storing a project in. Thanks Ram Wools!Finally, here is a real treat. My friend JayJay over in LA sent this to me in exchange for the Baby Knits duplicate book I'd recieved. Who do you think got the better end of this exchange? This is Lamb's Pride worsted (85% wool/ 15% mohair) that she dyed herself. Isn't it gorgeous?
She also sent me this HEAVY box of chocolates...which Yannick was very disappointed to find out that we would be savoring it- not devouring it in one night.
Thanks JayJay! Swapping is fun!


Labels: , ,

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 10:25 am  
2 Comments:
  • At 10:05 am, Blogger Tara said…

    Mmmm. I love the colours of that Lamb's Pride.

     
  • At 3:44 pm, Blogger JayJay said…

    I'm so glad you liked it! I had hoped to include more goodies, but moving really got in the way. :( Thank you so much for the book and the goodies! I love everything! I will post about it as soon as I find the charger for my new camera.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates