Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Monday, November 19, 2007
2 new foods + 1 baby = 8 cute photos
I'm having a hard time blogging lately. Time-wise I feel like there is always something going on, so when I could be blogging, I should be doing something else. Lately that something else has been everything from cooking and cleaning to doing a crossword puzzle or three before bed to unwind. I have been doing tons of knitting but I can't show it off yet because it is a gift and the person it is for occassionally reads my blog. Plus it is one of those projects that looks the same after a little bit so it would be a bunch of boring "look more inches!" posts anyways.

That leaves me with Jakob. For those of you who aren't into the baby stuff, please check back tomorrow. There will be more baby photos, but the baby will be wearing a ton of hand knits, so that should appease you.

For those of you who ARE into the baby stuff, here are some cute food photos. I had wanted to wait until he was 6 months old to start any fruits or veggies, but to be as vague as possible...what was going in wasn't coming out. When it had been almost a week I called his doctor, and he suggested starting him on some prunes.



I'm eating this so WHAT will happen?
Are you sure this is food?

If you say so...
Sucess!
I can definitely say that prunes are not one of his favorite foods (you know, of the 3 foods he's ever eaten) but he will eat them. Before you worry- no he didn't eat all of the prunes in that bowl! We only had him eat two spoonfuls once a day for two days before they kicked in.
On his 6 month (birth)day we introduced him to squash.

Having no idea what was in store for him...


...the first taste...

...not sure...

And the verdict is? Contrary to what this photo shows, he really loves squash. Each frozen cube is equal to 2 tablespoons of puree and he will happily eat an entire cube. Ever since Saturday he's had squash alone for lunch (after breastfeeding) and with cereal (after feeding) for supper, and tonight he barely touched his cereal and had no interest in eating but once I brought out the squash he started laughing and talking and opening his mouth up big for each spoonful. After watching him eat 3 different kinds of cereal, prunes and now the squash I can clearly see that he has a preference and really does "like" squash, as opposed to just eating it because I give it to him.

Up for tomorrow...those photos I promised with knitting in them. For tonight I'm going to do another few puzzles then crash before this headache turns into a migraine.

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 10:08 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 9:30 am, Blogger Tara said…

    Prunes are really good mixed in with yogurt (when, you know, he can have yogurt).

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates