Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Saturday, November 17, 2007
six months
Before I forget, here's our weekly photo for this past week...Mommy with Jakob at 26 weeks. I have to go back to work in 14 weeks! Ugh...I want to stay home forever.
Our little monster is 6 months old today. I say this every month, but time is going by SO fast! Every Thursday we have playgroup, then I look forwards to the weekends because Yannick will be home. I just finish getting through a weekend, when whoops it's already time for the next playgroup! I'm going to *blink* and be at his wedding, I just know it.

See that thing he's doing with his mouth? That's his new favorite thing. He started doing it a few days ago, and now every time there's nothing in his mouth (finger, toes, shoes, etc) he's got his lower lip sucked in like that.



According to What to Expect the First Year:
By six months, your baby




...should be able to:
-keep head level with body when pulled to sitting CHECK
-say "ah-goo" or similar vowel-consonant combination CHECK

...will probably be able to:
-roll over (one way) CHECK
-bear some weight on legs when held upright CHECK
-sit without support CHECK (for 10 seconds or so)
-turn in the direction of a voice CHECK
-razz (make a wet razzing sound) CHECK

...may possibly be able to:
-stand holding on to someone or something CHECK
-object if you try to take a toy away NO- but he's not possessive yet
-work to get a toy out of reach CHECK
-pass a cube or other object from one hand to another CHECK
-look for dropped objects I'M NOT SURE
-rake with fingers a tiny object and pick it up in fist I'M NOT SURE
-babble, combining vowels and consonants such as ga-ga-ga, ba-ba-ba, ma-ma-ma, da-da-da
-feed self cracker or other finger food I'M NOT SURE- we've never given him any, but everything he grabs goes into his mouth, so "probably"

...may even be able to:
-creep or crawl NO
-pull up to standing position from sitting WITH HELP
-get into a sitting position from stomach NO
-pick up tiny objects with any part of thumb and finger I'M NOT SURE
-say "mama" or "dada" indiscriminately ALL THE TIME!



Here's a side-by-side of his first month chair photo compared to his six month chair photo. I'm so used to him looking the way he does that I almost can't recognize him as the little, squirmy baby he used to be. He's such a "boy" already!

(Note: as always, you can click on the photos for larger versions).

I don't have a good photo of him in the cabled cardigan, but I plan on taking one tomorrow so I can get started on my alterations. The sweater is adorable on him, but I'm really irked at the pattern- the sleeves are about 3" too long, but the body is about 3" too short! I should have expected the sleeves to be a bit long since it is a drop-shouldered pattern, but for the body? Come on! I spend the entire time he's wearing it pulling it down so he doesn't look like he's wearing something too small. Unfortunately the zipper is not going to be ripped and/or a longer one put in, but I have more of the dark brown so I will pick up along the bottom edge and knit down for as long as I can before I run out of yarn. There will be a gap at the bottom where the zipper won't go all the way down, but I'm hoping it will look deliberate.

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 9:22 pm  
3 Comments:
  • At 7:39 am, Blogger Tara said…

    Bummer about the sweater. I'm sure you'll fix it up great, though. And Maxime started doing the same thing with his lip a few days before his bottom teeth cut through (finally!). It shouldn't be long now!

     
  • At 11:35 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I applaud your willingness to 'fix' an already completed project. I get REALLY irritated about doing stuff like that - I'll have to keep your example in mind next time :). I really like the sweater however, and suspect it'll be more than worth the effort.
    Beautiful pic of the two of you.

     
  • At 2:57 pm, Blogger K. said…

    I love that pic of the two of you! It's adorable!!! I look forward to seeing the pic of him in that adorable cardi too!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates