Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Monday, November 12, 2007
...a little bit of that...
Hey, look- it's a vest!
I finished it just in time. All the knitting was actually finished on Thursday night, but I was too tired to stay up and weave in all the ends. I had some time to kill in St-Laurent on Friday morning before meeting Debbie for lunch, so I parked Jakob's stroller at a cafe and wove in all the ends there (ignoring the strange looks from passers-by). I think it is so cute! I keep calling it his Oxford vest...I can just picture him strolling along a college campus somewhere...you know, all 26 inches of him. With his thesis notes and a well-worn leather knapsack. Yes, I am overtired, how did you know?
The vest was knit in one piece up to the armpits (I think I said that in my last post). It was a really, really fast knit.
I had a bit of trouble with the V-neck in trying to get that nice, straight line down the center of the V. I think it worked in the end, although you can't tell, but the ribbing on either side of it is a bit wonky.

I will be publishing the pattern as soon as I can get around to calculating a few other sizes and typing it up.

I know, I know, I forgot the most important part. How does Jakob LOOK in his vest?


Adorable, if I do say so myself. I had made it a bit big on purpose to get wear out of it during the winter. Ignore the striped socks, I changed him quickly before leaving just to make sure everything fit. The photos at the Bar Mitzvah itself weren't clear enough to show off the vest properly.

While I did mention the Bar Mitzvah before, I hadn't mentioned that it was in Toronto. So Jakob took his very first road-trip to Toronto this weekend. We left bright and early around 8am on Saturday and made it to one of my friend's places around 3:30. We did have to stop twice though, once to feed Jakob and once to feed all 3 of us. Here's a cute photo of Yannick and Jakob in a Harvey's restaurant in Port Hope, Ontario.
Jakob is sporting his lovely pirate pyjamas and the Moss Block Cardigan I'd made.

It was a fun weekend, but a long drive to do in a car with a baby who wants. out. of. his. carseat. NOW. He did sleep most of the trip(s) but when he was awake...whoo boy. As a treat I'm not taking him ANYWHERE today so he doesn't have to get strapped in for a change. As a treat for me, I'm going to do nothing but veg and maybe knit.

Labels: , ,

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 10:41 am  
3 Comments:
  • At 4:55 pm, Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    Super cute vest. What size is Jakob fitting into now? What size did you make it?

     
  • At 9:17 am, Blogger Dianne said…

    He looks like a little man in that vest! So sweet!

     
  • At 10:15 am, Blogger Tara said…

    That vest really is adorable. And I hear ya about the car trip! :) Long rides can be difficult. Be sure to get a portable DVD player when he's older! They're the best.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates