Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Monday, November 12, 2007
...a bit of this...
I think I forgot to post a photo of Mommy with Jakob at 24 weeks, so here it is. I still haven't figured out how to take good weekly shots, like Robyn does. If I use a flash we get stuff like this:
If I skip the flash, even in well lit areas, I get blurry photos. On November 1st when this was taken, no one was home to take the photo for me, so this flashy photo is what you get!
As I mentioned in the last post, I liked the idea of "whipping up" a vest for Jakob to wear to the Bar Mitzvah we had this past weekend. I know it meant putting off my other projects for a bit, and one of them does have a deadline, but I figured it wouldn't hurt too much to squeeze in a quickie. I don't remember if this yarn is considered a worsted or a bulky, but boy did it knit up fast! On Tuesday afternoon at Robyn's I had only the ribbing done, remember? Well this photo was taken on Wednesday morning, when I had intended on posting.
Not bad huh? That's all of the sweater to the armpits, then the front completed and waiting for a 3-Ndl BO on the shoulders. The back was done up to that spot you see on the right.
I would have liked to have finished the vest on Wednesday, but instead I spent part of the day making this:

That's 3 Ziploc bags of baby food ready to pop into the freezer for when Jakob starts his fruits and veggies. From the left, there is banana, butternut squash, and zucchini. I couldn't believe how easy it was to make! First I measured my ice cube trays and found out that each cube holds 2 tbsp of liquid. I know I could have just mashed the bananas fresh for him but it would be lumpy and I didn't want to always have to have bananas on hand and hope they'd be ripe enough, so I took a few I had and pureed them up, and that was it. The squash took about 20 minutes in the microwave, sliced in half and cut-side-down in a baking dish with some water. It got so tender it practically fell out of the skin and into my food processor, although I did quite a bit more of the cooking water than the booklet I have said (about 2/3 of a cup v.s. 1/3 of a cup) because I found it very gloppy and thick and hard for even me to swallow, so I wanted it more liquid for Jakob. The zucchini was also super simple, just boil the peeled rounds for 5 min then puree without adding any extra water. I had all 3 batches done in about 2 hours, and that was WITH cleaning my supplies and food processor in between each batch! I put them in ice cube trays (covered in saran wrap) in the fridge to cool down, and a few hours later put those trays in the freezer for over night. The next morning I popped them out and into labelled Ziploc Freezer Bags and now I have food that will last for 6-8 months, with no chemicals or preservatives. Cool.

Here's Mommy with Jakob at 25 weeks. He was being so snuggly at playgroup and I thought he was sleeping. Turns out he wasn't, he was just enjoying resting on me. I had no idea what he looked like so when one of the other moms took this photo I couldn't believe that look on his face!

I love my mommy.

I'll leave you now with my favorite photo from last Thursday. I had done Jakob's laundry and found an outfit that I didn't realize before was for up to 3 months. He had never worn it, so he wore it to playgroup just to get some use out of it. The shirt might still fit him with jeans, but the pants are way too short for him. I liked what it said, though, "Junior Mechanic", since Yannick does construction and renos for a living, and wanted to have a photo of him in the outfit in case he never wore it again. So I parked my little guy on the couch to practice his sitting, and I snapped a few quick photos. I did a bunch in a row because every so often the flash would make his eyes close, and when I checked the photos later I was stunned to find this one:

I love that face. I love this boy.

Labels: ,

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 9:21 am  
2 Comments:
  • At 4:54 pm, Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    Next week you'll come over to my house or I'll come to yours, and I'll show you how to take good weekly shots :)

     
  • At 10:13 am, Blogger Tara said…

    Totally adorable. And way to go, making your own baby food! It's really easy, and freezing it in ice tube trays makes it super convenient.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates