Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Sunday, October 21, 2007
super sleeves
I have a secret project. I can't talk about it when I'm listening because I promised myself I wouldn't say anything. However, I didn't promise myself not to show a quick photo of the secret yarn.

Isn't it gorgeous? It's from Fleece Artist's finer line, HandMaiden. It is called Sea Silk, is 70% silk and 30% Sea Cell and is so soft! You can't really tell from the photo but it is actually a very soft variation from a pale, almost buttery green to a color I can closest describe as "banana". I love it!
My ball winder is still packed somewhere, so Yannick was very gracious and held his hands up in the football goalpost position for about a half hour while we watched a taped episode of CSI: Miami and I wound this ball by hand. Looks are deceiving- the wound ball is only about 3 or 4 inches high, but it is heavy!

Since we will be starting to introduce Jakob to solid foods in about 2 weeks, I wanted him to get used to sitting in a high chair. Our second hand one is still at my parents' house, so we finally opened up the one we'd recieved at our baby shower. Yannick put it together and we let Jakob have a test run.

With Hallowe'en fast approaching, I know my time is running out on Jakob's Superman Costume. I didn't get as much done as I would have liked to this past weekend, but I did finish the sleeves.

I know they look short, it is because that is only the sleeves to the armpit. I will be joining them to the body and working the yoke with the sleeves as one piece. I also finally got around to charting the S (did I mention that already? I can't remember...) and will be trying to knit like mad this week. I'm hoping to avoid leaving the house tomorrow so I can knit like crazy when Jakob naps. Wish me luck!


Labels: ,

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 11:03 pm  
2 Comments:
  • At 5:24 pm, Blogger JayJay said…

    Jakob looks so cute and little in his high chair! I was just reading about them, and it sounds like an actual chair is better than the ones that attach to the table or a chair when they are little. I have so much to learn!

    That yarn looks absolutely luscious! I can't wait to see what the secret project is.

     
  • At 10:08 am, Blogger Tara said…

    Lovely Handmaiden yarn. I look forward to see what you'll do with it!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates