Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
FO: Sheldon 01
Presenting: Sheldon

Isn't he cute?

Sheldon wears the latest in shell fashions and
can be completely removed from his protective layer.

Oops- you weren't supposed to see the naked pic!
A turtle moon...
Project specs:
Pattern: Sheldon from Knitty
Needles: 3.25mm and 3.5mm as per pattern
Cast-On to Bind Off: I cast on Friday night right before bed and had a finished Sheldon Monday evening. Plus I worked all day Saturday and packed most of Monday.
Was the pattern well written: Yes! Even though some of the techniques used might not be familiar to everyone, the pattern is so well written that I really think anyone can pick this up and knit a Sheldon of their own.
Changes to the pattern: Instead of attaching safety eyes I used a tip I saw on Knit Flix's blog and made some felt eyes. I used my 3-hole punch and punched out 2 circles out of some leftover black felt from the second Poodle Skirt I made last year. Once I had the eyes positioned where I wanted them, I sewed over them with black embroidery floss until the felt disks were completely covered. This left me with perfectly round eyes that have a bit of a 3D effect, plus are baby-safe and won't come off with repeated chewing. ;)
Will I knit it again: Did you not see I called him "Sheldon 01"? I will definately make him some friends.

As usual, these photos and others in my FO gallery on the left. Sheldon's slideshow is here.

Labels: ,

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 9:27 am  
5 Comments:
  • At 7:23 pm, Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    I love love love that Sheldon comes out of his shell!

    He is just toooooo cute. Baby boy will love it!

     
  • At 8:56 pm, Blogger Caroline said…

    Oh my God, that's adorable!

     
  • At 11:18 am, Blogger JayJay said…

    How cute! I agree that the two-piece design is adorable and probably makes him a more versatile toy.

     
  • At 3:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    All I can say about Sheldon is ... absolutely adorable!

     
  • At 5:11 pm, Blogger Bogie said…

    Sheldon! His eyes look great--can't wait to see Sheldon 02, 03, 04, etc..

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates