Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Saturday, March 31, 2007
FO: baby socks
Daddy's socks.
Baby's socks.
I made the little kiddo a pair of socks using yarn left over from a pair of socks I'd made for Yannick...last year? I used a pattern given to me by Nicole, who had taught the knitting class I'd taken when I first started knitting again. (I know I could technically say "my old knitting teacher" but I wouldn't want her to ever read this and think I'm calling her "old"!). The baby variation helps the socks stay on better since the entire leg and top of the foot are ribbed. These knit up fast! I cast-on for them on the 21st of this month, but haven't done much knitting because I've been trying to pack in the evenings. I'd guess that each sock takes about 4 hours, MAX. (I'm extending the time in case you are slow doing ribbing). And how cute are they? I'm going to go through my sock yarn stash and see what other leftovers I have from our socks and knit up matching socks for the baby.
Yarn: Mega Boots Stretch
Needles: 2.5mm
Pattern: from Nicole at The Wool Shop
Cast-on to Bind-off: March 21-30 2007
Would I knit this again: YES!

Labels: , ,

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 8:37 am  
2 Comments:
  • At 2:11 pm, Blogger Dianne said…

    How cute - so tiny! It always amazes me how teeney tiny baby clothes are. How are you feeling?

     
  • At 10:58 am, Blogger JayJay said…

    Those socks are very cute, and they match his daddy's! I plan to make some little booties/socks for friends who just had a little boy. I think it will be good practice for some grown-up size socks I plan to start soon.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates