Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Saturday, March 03, 2007
sugar high
Early this afternoon my sister Laura called me up and asked what I was doing. When I told her I was staying home she asked if she could come over to decorate cupcakes.

Ok.

It seems she'd seen some decorated cupcakes in a magazine and wanted to try it out. First she had to go to the store and buy the ingredients (and mix up the "baked goods" and "baking goods" aisles). Then she came over with her loot. She was very proud.
Yes, this is how she brought everything over. The ingredients she'd bought were in the grocery bags. The 3 eggs she'd stolen from her boyfriend's house were...
...in a bag. She actually asked me at one point if they still looked ok because the bag had fallen on the floor in her car. Luckily no eggs were broken in transport, and we quickly mixed up the cake batter.

Her friend Arianne joined us and we played Clue: The Simpsons version while waiting for the cupcakes to bake and then cool. Once cooled we opened up all the bags of candy, mixed up some icing colors and got to work:

This was my kitchen during the process. Even though you can't see her, Arianne was there. Even though you can't see me, I was there too.
And here are our spectacular results. 23 hand-decorated cupcakes (we shared one to make sure they came out well). Aren't they cute? I made (from the top) the white face with the macaroni-looking hair, the purple bunny with buck teeth, the green cupcake with berry flower, the twins, the M&M mushroom, the landscape with sun and rose, the green one with colored sprinkles, the multicolored one with brown sprinkles, and the one near the bottom with M&Ms covered with icing. Whew, I decorated 10 out of 23. (Can you tell I ran out of ideas by the end?) They were all decorated with some combination of icing, sprinkles, Twizzlers, Swedish Berries, Jelly Bellys, Sour Watermelons and M&Ms.

Now I'm going to wait out my sugar high by knitting for a bit before I decide what, if anything, I feel like doing about supper. Yannick is spending the evening at my parents' house as my dad is holding a poker game while my mom is in Florida. I don't want to play and don't feel like sitting there so I'm going to relax and veg at home.

Labels:

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 6:22 pm  
2 Comments:
  • At 1:10 pm, Blogger Dianne said…

    It looks like you had a great time with the cupcake decorating. The mitred square blankie looks great. LOVE the alphabet blanket, too. Which of Debbie Bliss' books did that come from? I'd love to make one someday.

     
  • At 2:29 pm, Blogger JayJay said…

    Yummy! I'm gettting hungry just looking at those. :) They would so cute for a baby shower!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates