Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Friday, April 28, 2006
Et Voila- le Comfort Clapotis

Here she is in her full-length glory.
The details: 1.5 sk of Bernat Baby Coordinates, 10.5 US needles.
I followed the pattern as written except I skipped about 2 full repeats
of the even section because it was going to be plenty long enough.


Here she is, showing both sides. Even though the purl side is the "right side", I kinda like how the knit side looks too. Something about the contrast between those flat Vs and the dropped stitches makes me happy.


And finally, all packaged up, pretty and ready to go.
I'll probably bring it over to the intended recipient on Sunday, if she's feeling up to it.
Hopefully this will bring her a smile in a gloomy world.
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 7:52 pm  
3 Comments:
  • At 11:06 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's really beautiful! Congratulations!!!

     
  • At 2:18 pm, Blogger teabird said…

    What a lovely Clapotis, and so lovingly made. I know that the young woman will love it, and I hope that her treatment goes well.

    I like what you said about yarn wanting to be something - especially when you're making something for someone else. I've seen that, too.

    I'm a fellow migraineur. Of all the medications and treatments available, the one that suits me best, still, is an old med called Fioricet, a dark room, ice behind my neck, and soft, delicate music (Anonymous 4, harp). Some of the newer meds can take the pain away quicker, but you end up feeling worse.

    If you'd like to visit:
    http://teabird17.blogspot.com

    shalom-

    melanie
    a/k/a/ teabird

     
  • At 9:08 pm, Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    What did she think of her comfort shall? Did you give it to her yet?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates