Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Sunday, January 22, 2006
New Post and Pics!
Haven't really done much knitting over the weekend...in fact, haven't done much of anything. Yannick went up north Thursday morning for a few days, so Thursday night I was on my own. I thought I'd get so much done, but I only get home from work at 8:30, and by the time I got into bed I had such a headache and have been so utterly bone-tired lately...I knit a few rows on my Homespun jacket and then did 1/2 an hour of puzzles over the phone with my brother Mike. You know I was close to a migraine when I called him after only 1/2 an hour to stop playing!

Friday night Yannick was still up north, so again I thought I'd get SO MUCH done. Hm. I don't think I knit at ALL Friday night. I've been playing a video game called Beyond Good & Evil, and was so addicted that I worked on that all night.

Saturday I worked, then Yannick came home really late. We went for supper around 9pm at Oggi, the new place that replaced Spaggio's. The food was good...but... Let's see: the decor is almost exactly the same. The menu has less choices than before, but the prices are about the same (under 20$ for almost every main course, basic meals starting around $11). The main difference? The portions are tiny! Everyone knew that at Spaggio's you'd be buying dinner and lunch for the next day 'cus the portions were so huge. I ordered a calzone (kudos for having whole wheat pizza crust, although why no whole wheat pasta?) and the size was pretty big. I couldn't finish it. Yannick's pasta, however, didn't even fill the center depression of his plate. Really small portion, so small that I was thisclose to saying something about it. The only consolation was the OHMYGODTHISISNOWMYFAVORITECAKEEVER slice of Reese's Pieces cake. Oh my. dietdietdiet. After dinner we came home and started watching Mad TV. Since it was a repeat we switched to Saturday Night Live at 11:30 but were both so tired that we shut it off and went to sleep. I don't know what's up with me lately but I'm constantly tired and usually very cold.

This morning I was a good girl and went to Curves and worked off that slice of cake I shared with Yannick last night. After getting home and showering we went to try out that new breakfast place near us called CofeToast (their spelling error, not mine). It was good although my omelet was a bit watery, but my fault for not asking for "well done". I came home after 'cus Yannick had to go help a friend with car troubles, so I decided to tackle what was left of my video game. [insert drumroll here] I beat the game! I'm so proud of myself!!! I don't usually play video games that aren't on the PC 'cus I'm not too good at the controls and I really don't like fighting games, I prefer puzzles and strategy stuff. I like to walk into a room and have to figure out that if I move that block over here and jump on it then get the light to reflect in the mirror before the sun sets that I can get to the next room...etc. Well, not only did I play the entire game by myself (except for one boss I had Yannick beat 'cus after dying 3 times I got fed up) I finished the whole thing, INCLUDING the Big Boss at the end. Who is absolutely evil. And annoying. But I DID IT!!! I keep switching between flying high with pride and being really sad that the game's over. I don't think I'll find another game that I can handle like this one. There wasn't too much fighting, and the game didn't let you fall off ledges and stuff, which would be a problem for me anywhere else 'cus I can't handle the controls too well.

Yannick picked me up at supper time and we went to my parents' house. My aunt Fran was over, as well as my other aunt Miriam who just got back from spending a month or so touring alone around China. She brought some stuff home for all of us, as did my parents from their cruise this holiday season. Wanna see what I got? See below!
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 10:08 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates