Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Wednesday, March 30, 2005
It's nice to have no deadlines!
For the first time in 3 months I don't have any knitting commissions outstanding. This means I can knit *gasp* whatever I want! I'm in heaven!

Yesterday my dad wasn't feeling well in the morning, so we went in to work a bit late. Wanna see what I did in the morning? I took out my bead and started to make some stitch markers! Yay! I want to make a whole bunch then send out some RAOKs 'cus I haven't sent that many yet. Here's what I did so far:





They're a bit hard to see, but I made an assorted bunch of knit-related terms. Since they're all similar, this whole lot will go to one lucky FiberRAOK member! :) I had so much fun making them! I wish I actually owned some myself, of any kind, since my current project is using 12 stitch markers and I'd love to put "jewlery" on instead of my little plastic rings. This Sunday I've asked Yannick to make some with me, since his brain works differently and I want to see what he'll come up with to do with the beads. I think I'll keep some of our efforts, and send out all the rest.

Wanna see what I did last night? A SELFISH project! Yay! It's the DKNY-designed one-size-fits-all cardigan in the back of the big Vogue Knitting reference book, and it uses cables to make trees, flowers, a fence, etc...

Here is a (horrible) pic of the pictures from the book:

This shows the front (in my handly little plastic document holder).




This is a close-up of the little pic up there showing the back. You can't see it well, but trust me, it's cute.

This is what I've done so far. It's the Left Front piece of the cardigan. After the ribbing you see some grass and a little meadow with flowers. :) I'm right at the point to start the different trees, which is why I decided stitch markers would help. There are no repeats, but I marked off my chart with similar divisions to break down the long row into more manageble sections. I also spent 3 hours coloring in each different key in the chart a different color with 24 colored pencils but that's not something we need to talk about. :)

Now let's see if I can squeeze some knitting time into this morning before my dad calls to say "leave now!".

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 10:27 am  
1 Comments:
  • At 7:23 pm, Blogger Jenny Hassler said…

    I love the sweater from Vogue! I'd forgotten it was there - how neat! My daughter has been experimenting with intarsia but I'll have to show her this one-color-picture knit - she'll think its cool!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates