Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Thursday, December 02, 2004
inim'itable
a. defying imitation.- inim'itably adv. [imitate]

Damn straight!

I'd like to make a public announcement. I know that by doing this I am putting myself out there for ridicule, shame and embarassment, locusts, vermin and boils. But I don't care. I am

Officially Obsessed With Knitting

I think I came to the realization today when my mom told me she was going to Plattsburgh on Friday and I asked her to bring me back yarn. I might even have specified "sock" yarn. I swear that last year I didn't know such a thing existed, and now it's all I can do to tear myself away from the bright or detailed colors. The lure of using said yarn to make a really cool pair of mittens is so strong that I have to actually stroke some skeins I already own to remind myself that there are other really cool things I could knit first (that don't require spending more money).

Isn't it amazing that some people actually take to knitting to save money? You just know that somewhere out there a young (or old) woman (or man) turned to her (or his) husband (or wife...or husband...or goat) and said "You know what honey? I'm not going to pay rediculous department store prices for sweaters any more! And look how much the Gap is charging for a simple striped scarf- craziness! I'm going to learn how to knit and I'll save us money by making my own stuff!". And somewhere up in the heavens above the Knitting Goddess looked down and smiled benevolently and folded her hands lovingly in her lap and thought "Gotcha!" (You just know she turned to the nearest God or Goddess, rubbed her hands together with glee and gloated about getting "another one")

In time, of course, that new young (or old) knitter will look around what was once a house (and is now redubbed the Yarn Storage Facility) and at her (or his) husband (or wife...or husband...or goat) (who is now redubbed the Skein Holder or the Person Who Must Not Answer The Door When The Postman Brings Yet Another Package of Yarn or Related Books) and will go on the internet (which is now redubbed the Excellent Source of All Things Knitty) and post a warning to the next young (or old) soul to begin knitting to save money.

Consider yourself warned.
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 11:24 pm  
3 Comments:
  • At 11:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ah, my pet. You understand.

     
  • At 11:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Damn. That last comment was me.

    Steph
    yarn harlot

     
  • At 9:04 am, Blogger Jennifer Lori said…

    Oh I understand all right. I feel like Neo in the Matrix- I've just discovered that "there is no spoon" and a little part of me wishes my eyes hadn't opened to the truth. :)

    It's really scary that my first thought upon seeing a comment from the Harlot, Herself is to look around and see what I need to tidy up around here, like I can tidy up the blog for company.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates