Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Thursday, December 02, 2004
soigné
(swa-nyâ) soignée (fem.) a. extremely well-groomed. [F]

Um...not at the moment since I'm about to jump into the shower, but let's pretend shall we? Just imagine I'm sitting here, feet all toasty in a hand knit pair of socks, legs warm in the knitted sweatpants I will make (just got the pattern, yippee!), wrapped up in my landscape cardigan designed by DKNY, and even a knitted scrunchie in my hair. Yep, I'm soigné all right. Let's go with that.

Note to all who might end up in Sainte-Anne-de-Belleview at any point in their lives: eat at Le Surcouf. Absolutely EXCELLENT French restaurant in a charming little home. It doesn't hurt to make reservations, even during the week. And not too pricey at all. Be warned though, a meal there lasts at least 2.5 hours. Seriously.

Yannick took me there last night for our anniversary. I'd like to say I was soigné last night, but honestly? I went straight from work. Correction- I went straight from work to Bureau en Gros to have his gift bound, and then straight home to jump into his car and head off to the restaurant. I was a little un-soigné. Wanna get jealous? Listen to this yummy meal: he had a Heineken, croustade d'escargots (snails on a phillo bed with leeks), special du chef (chef's special, in this case wapiti (elk) with a bitter chocolate sauce) and assiette du fromage (cheese plate, which we shared). I had an amaretto sour, soupe du jour (soup of the day, cream of tomato, zucchini and basil), carré d'agneau au jus (rack of lamb in its own juices) and i don't remember the French name (cold prailine cake, which we shared). It was fantastic! (Oh, in case you're wondering why we didn't have any anniversary wine, well, I didn't want to fall asleep during the meal.)

He also gave me a really sweet anniversary gift. I won't get into it here, but let's just say it involves him knitting. :]
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 10:15 am  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates