Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Wednesday, December 01, 2004
on'ly
(o-) a. that is the one specimen.- adv. soley, merely, exclusively. -conj. but, excepting that [OE. anlic, one like]

(today's word chosen by Yannick)

It was 6 years and 1 month ago that a wee little bumble bee flitted around her little world, merrily minding her own buzz-ness. Then Billy Idol walked into her life and she thought "Damn, I'd wear my sunglasses at night for him!" He, too, was smitten, and once out of their Hallowe'en costumes they still found their secret identities of Yannick and Jennifer appealing. One month later, on December 1st 1998, they were officially an item.

I guess today's word is apropos, 'cus I can really look back and says "It's only been 6 years?" It feels like so few, and yet a veeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrry long time, all at once. It hasn't always been easy crafting for this guy. There was the knitted sweater, supposed to be my first gift to him. I narrowly avoided the Sweater Curse by getting fed up after doing half of the back. Apparently there is no Crochet Sweater Curse, 'cus we're still here. Now the proud recipient of a sweater (begun in 1999, taken apart and restarted more than once but finally completed in 2004), a pair of socks (one of which is still otn), and a bed cover (which my mother may or may not still be in the process of ripping back. A 6' x 10' blanket is NOT A GOOD THING) plus many other gifts that aren't fiber-related, he's just agreed to attempt to learn to knit so he can make me something in return. That's love.

Happy Anniversary Angel.

p.s. I'm aware I didn't post yesterday. I have my reasons.
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 8:23 am  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates