Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Tuesday, October 12, 2004
RRRR
I haven't done any major knitting in a few days and its driving me nuts!

I brought the yarns for Justin's Hooded Sweater to work with me on Wednesday, and during my lunch I swatched up some testers for the stripe pattern I wanted to do. Turns out I can't do the stripes in the ribbing as I wanted. I'd planned on alternating the blue and cream on every row for a rustic, country look. Unfortunately that means having to cut the yarn every row and I don't feel like weaving in a gazillion ends. I tested a few stripes with an even number of rows per so I can switch colors as I want...works well except I can't use that either. The ribbing on the bottom and cuffs run horizontally so the stripes will be ok, but the ribbing for the button bands and around the hood run vertically, so my stripes will be running up the sweater, which I don't want. I ended up creating a stripe pattern within the body of the sweater itself, so I hope it looks cute. I couldn't do any knitting once I got home, however, 'cus I was trying to finish at least the first of the crocheted baby outfits. I seamed the blue onesie and it's ready for blocking.

On Thursday I snuck Yannick's second sock into my sister's high school graduation ceremony, so while all the other family members and friends there were bored silly (admit it, you're each only interested in one kid there) I was knitting away. I could hear a lot of "is that a sock she's knitting?" and "what kind of needles are those?" comments from around me, which was kinda cool. When I got home I finished up the two sleeves for the mini cardigan we're doing in my knitting class so I'd be ready for the next class.

Friday I managed to finish the first of the 2 crocheted blue booties to go with the onesie, but that's all I did. Saturday was out too 'cus I worked all day and then had Julie's bachelorette party all night. (Absolute BLAST btw...and 1st time staying up 'til 5am in a looooooong time. I even had a few drinks. Go me!)

Yesterday was a knitting-related day, even though I didn't get much done. I had to go to my lys to pick up an addi turbo I needed for Justin's sweater so I can get started (its for the ribbing). I had been talking to Yannick about felting 'cus I finally received my kuryeon to make a booga bag, and he wasn't quite getting what the finished fabric would be like, so he agreed to come with me to the lys to see some of the finished felted stuff they had lying around. He thought it was so cool that he wants me to make bags for his whole family for Christmas. He was having a good time feeling all the yarns and freaking out over some expensive skeins, like a silk/wool blend for $57. We wound up going for an early dinner with Julie and Rich, and then Yannick went to my parents' house for a poker game with my dad, brother, uncle and neighbor. I was looking forwards to a nice long quiet night to get some headway on the sweater, but my cousin ended up coming over to take our chinchilla. (It turns out I'm allergic and have been avoiding the basement, so we decided to find her a new home). I was finally able to get knitting by 10:00pm, but by then all I did was cast on and do a few rows of the ribbing before calling it a night.

I got absolutely NO knitting done today, but it was worth it 'cus look what I did do:

You can't tell from these photos 'cus I couldn't get a complete shot, but this makes up one long banner 9 feet wide by 24 inches high. It's for Hallowe'en, to decorate the window at work. Tomorrow I have to paint another one the same width, but twice as high, for the top of the window. This one rests on the bottom. So I don't think I'll get to knit before Wednesday, and by then I'll probably have to make at least token progress on the crocheted baby outfits to make sure I have them ready for Christmas. Bummer. I wish someone would spend this kinda energy making ME something for Hanukah.



posted by Jennifer Lori @ 1:15 am  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates