Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Tuesday, October 05, 2004
"Well I think I'm goin' outta my head"
I might have bitten off a bit more than I could chew! These (in no specific order) are my current wips:
1) Finishing Yannick's second sock. (See pic of first sock in blog of Sept 30).
2) Plain Mini Cardigan for knitting class:

Instead of making little square swatches, we're practicing learning our increases and decreases by making this mini cardigan. My palm takes awful pics, but it's actually a really warm baby pink in Sirdar Snuggly 4ply. The little piece on the needle is the beginning of the first sleeve. I think the entire sweater is about 6" tall.
3) Surprise project. I can't say much about this one 'cus I think the person it's for reads this blog, but it's a combination thank you/birthday gift for someone.
4) Hooded Sweater for Justin: In my knitting class we have to make a child's sweater that will be finished during the class sessions so we can learn how to properly seam a garment. I'm making a cute pocketed, hooded cardigan for one of Yannick's nephews, his godson Justin. I'm looking forward to working on it 'cus my knitting teacher Nicole taught us a cool trick: instead of knitting the pockets and adding them on later the way the pattern calls for, I'm going to work the front pieces until the top of the pocket height, then put those sts on a holder and pick up sts for the pocket from the ribbing, and knit the pocket right on top of the body until I reach the holder, then knit the sts together. Instant lining, and MUCH neater look! This probably is old school to most people out there, but I thought it was a REALLY cool trick. So far I've only got my swatch done. There are 2 because I was told to use a certain size needle, but it came out too high, so I redid it with a smaller needle and got the proper gauge.

You can't tell 'cus (again) the pics suck, but it's a really nice country blue.
5) Last but not least, I have 3 baby outfits I'm crocheting as gifts for Yannick's cousins. One cousin had a pair of boy/girl twins a few months ago, and another has a little girl due this Christmas. I doubt they visit my site, so I'm safe in saying I'm crocheting a pair of pink and blue short-sleeved onesies with matching booties for the twins, and a little sundress and matching hat for the other girl. The blue outfit is done (minus the booties) and I'm in the process of seaming it up:



Whew! I'm very glad that I took another project off the list. I'm a bridesmaid in my friend Julie's wedding on Oct 17th. I didn't have a shawl to go with my dress, so at my class yesterday I picked up 7 balls of Patons Brilliant and a pattern booklet to make a shawl for myself. Then I got home and realized I was insane to take on another project and think I'd have it completed in time. So I'll be returning this stuff very soon!

Night!
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 9:30 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates