Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Thursday, July 03, 2008
SP12 QOTW
The "perfect sized" stash was a tough question for many of you to answer. Maybe these stash related questions will be easier:
1) What yarn (that you don't have/haven't used) would make your stash "complete"?
2) What yarn do you never want to be without?

Hmm...these are harder! Let's see...

1) I don't know! There are a ton of yarns I haven't used/don't have...but I can't think of anything I'm lacking. The only way I can answer this is to say I wish I had more sweater-quantities of yarn in my stash. I know it doesn't answer the question exactly, but I honestly can't think of any particular brand/fiber/color/whatever that would be my Jerry Maguire.

2) Sock yarn. It works for socks, for fine projects, for baby clothes, for accessories, lace items...plus you can double it to get a different gauge. Give me a variety of fiber contents and I think I'll be set for almost anything.

Labels:

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 7:41 am  
2 Comments:
  • At 2:50 pm, Blogger JayJay said…

    Having enough for a sweater is a real challenge isn't it? It always seems greedy to buy that much yarn, especially if you don't have a specific project in mind.

     
  • At 7:41 am, Blogger Tara said…

    I feel exactly the same way. Something about spending 80-100$ on yarn for ONE project just freaks me out, but I don't think twice about spending 30$ for a skein of sock yarn!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates