Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
7 months
By seven months, your baby

...should be able to:
-feed self a cracker WE HAVEN'T TRIED (all the commercially available ones have sugar as one of the first few ingredients, and I'm not making all his food myself just to load him on sugar with some crackers)
-razz (make a wet razzing sound) CHECK
-coo or babble when happy CHECK
-smile often when interacting with you

...will probably be able to:
-sit without support CHECK
-bear some weight on legs when held upright CHECK
-object if you try to take a toy away NO- he'll tighten his grip but he's not possessive yet
-work to get a toy that's out of reach CHECK
-look for dropped objects CHECK
-rake with fingers a tiny object and pick it up in fist I'M NOT SURE I don't give him tiny objects
-turn in the direction of a voice CHECK
-babble, combining vowels and consonants such as ga-ga-ga, ba-ba-ba, ma-ma-ma, da-da-da CHECK
-play peekaboo 50/50- he'll laugh when we play, but he doesn't cover his own face yet
...may possibly be able to:
-creep or crawl I'M NOT SURE does it count when he can get anywhere he wants to go by rolling and "scootching" his body?
-pass a cube or other object from one hand to another CHECK
-stand holding on to someone or something CHECK
...may even be able to:
-pull up to standing position from sitting WITH HELP
-get into a sitting position from stomach NO
-play patty-cake (clap hands) or wave bye bye NO but he's started raising his arms to be picked up
-pick up tiny objects with any part of thumb and finger I'M NOT SURE (see above)
-walk holding on to furniture (cruise) NO
-say "mama" or "dada" indiscriminately ALL THE TIME!
Jakob turned 7 months yesterday, on the 17th of December. You know the drill...time flies, yada yada, he's gotten so big, yada yada...but really...time does fly. And he has gotten so big! He sits by himself, he rolls anywhere he wants to go...and the best part is...he gives me kisses. He takes my face in his hands and presses his face up against mine for a second then pulls back and grins at me. Can I get any more in love with this boy?

And what would this be? Something not on the What to Expect list? Why yes...that would be

TWO TEETH!

My baby has two teeth! (I think you can click on the photo to see it larger). The first one cut through about 2 weeks ago, but we were waiting to tell anyone that he got "his first tooth" until you could see it when he smiled. We didn't want people pulling down his lip to try to see it. Well, wouldn't you know it, but the day it was out enough to be visible the one right next to it cut through!

In other news...I've been a lousy blogger lately. I don't know what's with me...all I want to do in the mornings is sleep in while Jakob naps, and all I seem to want to do at night is sleep. I'm the one who usually goes to bed at 1:00am, and lately I've been getting into bed by 10:00pm! Plus I'm stressed about 8 million things* and can't seem to give my brain a rest, so whenever I get a chance to sit at the computer I think to myself "eh, I'll do it later", which somehow ends up the next day, or the next, or the next, and that's why I end up not posting for a week until I feel really guilty. :/

I'm only here for one more week before the holidays so I'll do my best to post often until I go on vacation, and keep it up once I'm back.

In knitting news: I have to knit 2 penguins by Sunday. I know, the self-imposed deadlines again. I'm a sucker for them, aren't I?

Any ideas how this is supposed to look like a penguin?


Labels: ,

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 9:57 am  
4 Comments:
  • At 1:17 pm, Blogger JayJay said…

    I can't wait to see the penguins! I've been lousy at blogging too, although I have a bunch of things to post so hopefully that will inspire me to post more often.

    Jakob really is growing fast! Two teeth already!

     
  • At 6:25 pm, Blogger Sareth said…

    Aw, he's so cute!

    My mum does the tiny object tests with peas or sweetcorn. They're small enough so babies won't choke.

    (I've stumbled here from the knitting blog ring. sorry for being random!)

     
  • At 8:53 am, Blogger Tara said…

    Such a cutie-patootie. I loved it when Emilie gave me kisses like that, at first I thought she was smelling me or something! LOL

     
  • At 7:35 pm, Blogger hakucho said…

    Gosh...what a face...sooo cute. They grow up so fast...in a blink of an eye...enjoy :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates