Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Monday, October 08, 2007
$%*&
I'm so mad. I'm SO mad. I have no one to be mad at but myself, but I am really, really so f*ing mad.

On Friday I ran a load of laundry before leaving the house for the day. I wanted to wash all the blankets and such that all the babies had touched/used during the playgroup, plus Jakob had spit up a few times and I didn't want to leave his clothes in the hamper with milk on them. I also had the finished Montego Bay Scarf that I wanted to wash then let air dry before I gave it away. I ran the load, left for music class, then went to my parents' house, and completely forgot about the laundry until I got home around 10pm.

Luckily (?) my mom had bought us some long-sleeved onesies in Plattsburg and Jakob had spit up again, so on Saturday morning I threw the new stuff into the washer with the old, damp load, refilled the machine and ran it again. I never looked at the clothes until I pulled them out of the washer on Saturday afternoon, ready to toss them into the dryer. I was eagerly waiting to pull out the Montego Bay Scarf to see how the Online sock yarn had held up to the washing... when I saw this:
And this:
&%**. I had accidentally left a velcro-closing bib in the laundry. I NEVER wash the bibs mixed in any more, I only do loads of ALL bibs, because I've had enough of the velcro getting caught and making a mess of our stuff. And now, the one time I forget to double-check it ruins not only a hand-knit, but something that isn't even for me! It's for charity! I'm SO mad. I will do my best to pull out the slack and weave in the end that got caught in the first photo, but there is nothing I can do for the run in the second photo. The yarn is actually torn. I will have to cut it just below, pick it out slowly and bind off, losing the extra foot or so in length. As a small miracle, the scarf grew in length after being washed, so losing the extra foot won't really matter. What does matter to me is how fuzzy the scarf looks now after having velcro run along it. It doesn't look "new" any more and I'm afraid they will think I'm donating a used scarf. I'm so mad.

In other knitting news, here is a project that is going well:
Yup, this is Jakob's Hallowe'en costume progress.
C'mon, by now you should know what it is!
I couldn't resist this shot of him modeling the work so far...you can see all the best parts- baby feet and that adorable grin. :)

Labels: , ,

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 10:24 pm  
4 Comments:
  • At 12:38 am, Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    OUCH about the scarf! No time to start knitting a new one?? When's the deadline?

    I know what Jakob's halloween costume is, so I wont say anything!

    See you tomorrow!

     
  • At 9:26 am, Blogger Tara said…

    OMG! That just bites the big one. I'd be totally pissed. At least you won't lose too much length, but still!

    OK, another guess for the Halloween costume: Spiderman?

     
  • At 10:38 am, Blogger JayJay said…

    Oh no! That really does suck! I'm so sorry about your scarf.

    Jakob's costume looks great so far. Obviously some sort of super hero. I'm going to agree with Tara and say Spiderman.

     
  • At 2:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm going to say Superman because there was yellow yarn in the bag.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates