Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Friday, June 02, 2006
On the Back Burner
I will be taking a small, temporary break from the knitalongs I signed up with. I am still participating (and eagerly awaiting the next Amazing Lace Challenge!) but have something a little more pressing to occupy my knitting time in the near future.

About a week ago I was browsing through the Knitlist emails, and found one from Debbie Stoller, author of Stitch 'n Bitch, Stitch 'n Bitch Nation, and Stitch 'n Bitch: The Happy Hooker, not to mention related knitting journals. She put a call out for submissions to the next "Stitch 'n Bitch" book, which, in her words, will "be an advanced knitting manual, and I'm looking for patterns that incorporate a bit of fancy-pants knitting such as cables, lace, color work (either intarsia or fair isle or, hell, both!), beading, etc. The book will be covering these techniques in great detail, as well as much more."

Remember that pattern idea I hinted that I'd be looking into starting soon? Well, I thought it might be perfect for the next book. However, it's such an "out there" pattern, that I didn't want to waste my time working up swatches and taking photos unless it would actually be considered, and not deleted right away because of it's uniqueness. So I sent an email outlining my idea and asking if such an animal would be considered for the book.

I just received an email back from Debbie's assistant telling me that it would definately be considered, BECAUSE it's so unique and original. :]]]]

Guess who's off to the yarn store tonight? I had really wanted to use Knitpick's Palette yarn, but there is no way I could order it and have it shipped to me in enough time to work up some swatches before the submission deadline. So it's LYS yarn hunting time!
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 3:59 pm  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates