Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Saturday, March 04, 2006
Yarn Dilemma
I couldn't sleep last night.

Partly because Yannick was up north and I get nervous when I'm alone.

Partly because I couldn't get a design out of my head.

I have a notebook that I keep in my purse for design emergencies. I am a good sketcher. I have no problem coming up with ideas for knitted items, clothing, toys, everything. I have only started to actually knit up 1 of my designs. Why? Because I have no clue how to resize things, and while I can make a top to fit me with no problem, I don't know how to resize it so that the general public can make it in sizes S, M, L or up. So until I gain that knowledge, most of my designs are regaled to sitting in my notebook, fully sketched out, but lonely.

Last night around 3am (ok, let me start over). This morning around 3am I got hit with an idea. I tried to ignore it because it's an idea I've had before, and when I mentioned it to a few knitters they were unimpressed with the idea. This time, however, it seemed brilliant. I knew exactly what to do, how to do it, and how knitters all over the world would clamor for the pattern.

So.

I'm at work, I have some free moments here and there, I brought my notebook with me and I started to sketch...

Nothing. What looks gorgeous in my head is coming out like crap on paper. I know the idea is a good one, but I can't draw it the way I see it. I think I'll have no choice but to just go ahead and make it...which leads to my yarn dilemma.

I can a) use yarn from my stash and end up with a half-assed job of the final object, b) buy yarn at my LYS tomorrow and start right away, or c) browse knitpicks.com for an appropriate yarn that is significantly cheaper than my LYS but have to wait for the yarn to arrive. The only problem with option C is that I don't know what gauge I want, which is why the LYS option is very tempting. Being able to fondle is always good.

I don't know.
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 4:01 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 4:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I say go to your lys and buy the wool you want for your new project jen rather than waiting for a delivery, while it's fresh in your mind. Sorry to hear about the falls and general body bashing you've experience in the last couple of days...I think you need a guardian angel :) a cute one :)

    Remember way back when, when you were reading the Janson Directive and had to wait to finish it..somebody else wanted it from the library? I read it last week. What a fantastic book :) I love Robert Ludlum's huge vocabulary too. I'm going to get more books by him :) Thanks for recommending it :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates