Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Friday, March 24, 2006
Berry Happy With My Clapotis Progress
*groan*

Of course, this probably isn't funny if you don't know that the name of the James C. Brett colorway in the Marble yarn is called "Berries". But now you do. And now you can laugh.

Since Mike's Hat is done and I don't have any knitting deadlines at the moment I snapped at the chance to work on Clapotis some more. I'm still not sure if it's the pattern or the yarn, but I'm loving every minute of it. I'm using stitch markers instead of purling the sts to be dropped like some people do, 'cus I like them. I will definately be buying more of this yarn in the future.

I've completed 4 full increase sections at this point. I'm going to do at least one more, then decide if I do the 2 others that the pattern calls for. Even though the yarn is supposed to be dk weight (there is no gauge given, it just says "knits to most dk patterns") I'm getting 5st to the inch on 5mm needles, which to me suggests worsted weight. Right now the scarf would be 12" wide. Each full increase section adds about 2.5"-3" but I haven't decided yet how wide I want this to be. I want it more as a scarf than a shawl, so I'd rather lose an increase section or two but add some straight sections to make it longer. I'll check it out in another 12 rows and see.


posted by Jennifer Lori @ 3:50 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates