Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Tuesday, September 27, 2005
Mild Celebratory News
First of all, can I say how proud I am of myself? I have NEVER worked out daily in my life, and since last Monday I have gone to Curves every single day. Waking up at 6:30am most mornings to get there for 7. Go me!

I weighed myself this morning before working out 'cus we have the meeting to start week 2 tonight. Not only did I not lose a single freakin' pound, but I GAINED back the 1/2 pound I lost in the first few days! My only consolation is that I lost 1.1% of body fat, so I'm hoping that I DID actually lose some weight but also happened to gain some muscle which weighs more.

Here's hoping.

On the knitting front I ripped out my Goldilocks shrug because the Waterfalls pattern I was using has ribbing at the cuffs which makes the sleeves blouse out, a look I wasn't going for. I started over doing a simple 6 row garter band as cuffs, already at the same # of sts for the Turkish st body. It'll be more loose and flowy. I likes so far. Of course, I've already ripped it at least twice, so who knows what it will actually end up. I think I'm just delaying finishing ANYTHING with it, 'cus I love the colors so much.

I'm also putting it on the back-burner until this weekend when I go for my getaway with some of the Montreal knitters. I'll need mindless knitting for the car ride to Vermont so it will be perfect. In the meantime I'll get hustling on finishing those wedding gifts that were only due in August.
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 7:07 pm  
3 Comments:
  • At 12:25 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats on your gym time! It's so hard to make that commitment and follow through. Don't look at the numbers on the scale - it's the numbers on the tape measure that count. - Your Secret Pal

     
  • At 10:13 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    good for you an the workout front. pretty soon it will become an addiction! :) the body fat is more important than weight. way to go!

    mlj

     
  • At 5:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Another question for you - what type of style are you? Do you consider yourself to be contemporary, classics, grunge, casual, whatever? Your secret pal

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates