Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Monday, March 21, 2005
What a weekend!
Last night was wild! After work Yannick picked me up and we hurried home to change, then picked up Pat & Gina to drive down (up?) to Chambly. It's about an hour's drive away although Yannick took a wrong turn and we made it in 45 minutes. We still arrived about an hour late 'cus Yannick didn't know what time the party was called for. At least we didn't ruin the surprise!

The dinner was at Fourquette Fourchette, the Quebecoise theme restaurant in Chambly right on the site of the famous Chambly Fort. (Don't ask me what it's famous for, something historical and Quebec-related. I'm not up on my hometown trivia. Something good I think. Maybe we won?) The food there is fantastic, and since the restaurant is also a brewery, there were many, many drinks going around. There were some novelty breasts being thrown around....one broke a glass and spilled beer everywhere...there was lute playing...there was dancing...there was water spilled over 3 peoples' heads...it was madness! First time in a long time I was out, never mind up that late. We only left the restaurant around 1am! Plus we still had the drive home and dropping off Pat and Gina, we went to bed after 3am, that's for sure.

Sunday Yannick and slept in for a bit then went over to the West Island mall. He did some shopping at Winners then bought me some ink refills and stationary at Bureau en Gros. The stationary is to replace the thin loose leaf in my knitting journal, it's really nice with an etching of a ribbon on it. He even waited with me to use the copy center's slicer to cut the paper in half since my journal is the half size. He slowly cut all 100 sheets in half for me so I could use them. How sweet!

In the mall they had an Easter treat for the kids. Ok, it was also a treat for me! Voila:








Future Sweater

Future Scarf & Cuffs

Sweaters in Training

After a quick lunch at Saint Cinnamon's and the time spent at Bureau en Gros, we stopped at the library. I think I scored big time with my finds. Not only did I get 6 books I've been wanting to read, but I took out about 15 audio books. I've been wanting to have something to play those times when I want to knit but don't feel like watching TV. They had a few on CD so I took those for the car. The ones on tape are for home. The coolest thing is that 5 of the tapes I got are narrated by Tim Curry! Dr. Frank N. Furter himself! I love him. For the next 3 weeks I get to listen to him growl his way through 3 crime mysteries and 2 of the Lemony Snickett books. :]

From there it was off to Loblaws and then to Nicole's (my knitting teacher). She so graciously offered to lend me a knitting machine, so Yannick and I went by to pick it up. She has such a beautiful home! It has such a charm- it's one of the ones in Pointe Claire by the water, and I love that whole area.

My original plan was to whip up a bunch of KM (knitting machine) swatches so they could "rest" over night and I could start working away today, but it was already 7pm and we hadn't eaten yet. By the time I'd made supper and put everything away it was 8:30. I wanted to at least finish the second Duffle Coat sleeve before bed so I could let the two sleeves block so I did that, but then realized that the hood wasn't picked up from the body- instead it was to be cast on and knitted separately. My conscience wouldn't let me go to the KM when there was still stuff I could do on the Duffle Coat.

I worked on the hood while we watched Shall We Dance?. It was a cute movie. I liked how it reaffirmed a marriage without resorting to an affair.

Today I finished the hood in my knitting class and bought a skein of a variegated gray blend Alafoss Lopi. I have a bunch of charcoal Lopi I'm going to use to make my felted knitting bag but since I'm planning on making it larger than the original I was afraid I'd run out. They have no more charcoal but they do have the gray mix that ranges from light gray through charcoal and to black, so I'll use that for the base. The bag should look really good once it's done.

Now I'm off to play with the KM monster. Here it is in its box, taunting me. It's a Singer HK-100, bulky machine. Wish me luck!

posted by Jennifer Lori @ 12:28 pm  
2 Comments:
  • At 7:44 pm, Blogger K. said…

    Hi Jennifer, this is Kadi, we met at the march meetup at Second Cup, I was wondering where you ordered your Rebecca Magazine on the web. Thanks ahead of time!

     
  • At 3:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi! I found your site by googling "singer hk-100." I just got this machine, and I noticed you have one, too. Have you played with it yet? How easy/difficult is it to use? Any pointers? I haven't even taken mine out of the box yet. I'm doing a little "research" first. Thanks!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates