Free Patterns
Sale Patterns
    phlox socks sneak peek
  • Phlox Socks - the Robyn's Nest June Sock Club
  • Pattern will be for sale as of October 1 2008
    (You can email me or leave a comment and I will notify you when the pattern is available.)
I Want to Knit
Wednesday, March 16, 2005
I'm happy.
Had a good day today. Actually it's been a good week but I've been trying to get to bed early so been posting a bit lazily. Monday had some good news in my knitting class when Nicole (my teacher) offered to lend me one of her knitting machines. Woo hoo! Yannick and I will be heading over on Sunday to pick it up. Tres cool indeed.

Did some knitting on sleeve # 1 of Duffle Coat last night, went through until I was finished the current skein and didn't have any more near me. Luckily this occured after 11pm so I felt justified in going to bed instead of going into my office to grab another ball.

Tonight went to my first knitting meetup organized through meetup.com. Had a good time! I got there early 'cus it starts at 7 but I finished work at 6 right around the corner. Good thing about going early is that the meters are free but there are still spots available. I already knew Nadine from the MKG, but I met Mary, Mary, Jennifer, Ada, Cady and shoot another really nice woman who is a friend of Nadine's and I feel really bad I just blanked out on her name but she was knitting a gorgeous spring colored scarf. I hate forgetting stuff. RRRRR And she was really nice too! In fact, everyone was. I'm looking forwards to going next month!

Managed to finish sleeve #1. Was pleasantly surprised 'cus I'd checked my Palm yesterday and saw that the "sleeve" directions end on row 165 (the rows being the way I break down the patterns in my database). I was only on direction row 1-0-something so I figured I was in for a spell, when all of a sudden I'm into BOs and decreases. Next thing you know the sleeve was done, just a few short rows later. Turns out instead of adding a direction row "repeat for second sleeve" I'd actually created another set of directions, so both sleeves took until row 165. Was very happy 'cus I was beginning to think this thing would never be done. Although, it's only been a week and a half since I was given the yarn and pattern and I've finished the back, both fronts and 1 sleeve. Only got 1 more sleeve, the hood, then joining and some ribbed bands. I'm kinda impressed with me here. (Ok, truth time: it's not too hard to knit fast when the yarn is chunky. Shhh don't tell anyone!)

Now I'm going to get my 2nd good night's sleep in a row. TRANSLATION: I'm going to get into bed, play a few games on my Palm, realize that at least an hour has gone by, decide to read for a bit "just to make me sleepy" and finally close the Palm once my eyes are falling, somewhere around 1:15am like usual.

Oh, and if anyone reading knows of an easy way to add mood indicators to blogger templates, please let me know. I'm trying to find something cute without being obnoxious. I've found moodsmilies.com but don't like the final format that it puts on the site.
posted by Jennifer Lori @ 10:50 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Lori
Home:
Ravelry Username: jenniferlori
About Me:
See my complete profile

Click here to add yourself to my Frappr map!
Email Me
jeloca[at]sympatico[dot]ca
Previous Post
Where to Get Patterns, Help or Other Stuff
Links to Errata
Podcasts I Listen To
Groups
sp12button
Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire

Montreal Knits

the montreal knitting guild

knitty bloggy baby bumpers

knitty.com


Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Knitting Blogs
Previous | Next

Fiber Arts Bloggers
Previous | Next

Canadian Blogs
Letter Zed
previous | next
Canadian Fibre Artists
Webring is owned by
handmade by jennifer
Previous | Next | List

Blog Canada
Previous | Next
Join | List

Master Knitters Ring
Prev | Next | List | Random

Knitalongs I've Done



Archives
Labels
Template by

Free Blogger Templates